Humming

RACHEL'S POV

Demi was ordering for me but I don't know what it is. I mean I know what toast is but what I didn't know there was different kinds. Maybe I'll ask her about what kinds of toast their is...or not. I don't want Demi to get mad at me for asking too many questions. Daddy said it was bad to question things and I could get in trouble. I don't like trouble because that always leads to hurt. I shivered at the thought of being hurt like went I asked Daddy why I had to take off my shirt.

"Are you okay babe?" Deim asked quietly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I just nodded and rubbed the big, white mark on my side. I always wondered why I got them but they were better than the red ones that bleed. 'Does everyone get them? Do they hurt  like mine? How do they g-'

My thoughts were interrupted when a loud crash sounded around me. I jumped and shook violently as the sound rang in my ears. Demi held me tight and rubbed my side but it only got worse when I heard yelling. Someone was in trouble, which means they are gonna get the Belt. I felt like I couldn't breath so I just held onto Demi like she would go away. That is the last thing I would ever want. 

I heard Rex growl loudly but I didn't dare look up, knowing looking the person who was yelling in the eye would make me get cuts and purple and blue spots. All of a sudden I felt Demi get up and walk away from the table.

"Demi where are yo- is she okay?" I heard Dianna ask.

"Yeah, we just need to go to the bathroom for a break." Demi said but did not stop walking.

Demi opened a door and tried to pull me away but there was no way I could let go. She was all I had to protect me from the pain. She pulled a little harder and it hurt my side a little so I let go to clutch the area with the pain.

"I'm sorry baby but I gotta see whats wrong." She said lifting my face.

"Close you eyes for me." She said making my eyes shut without a second thought.

"Good girl." She praised, taking off my glasses.

She whipped my eyes and kissed my head before grabbing a piece of paper and rubbing the glass.. My head dropped and opened my eyes making them sting and burn as if someone put my face in front of the stove. I didn't shut them because 'cause I heard Daddies voice in my head telling me to keep then open, so I did.

"No no , shut your eyes baby, you'll hurt your eyes." Demi said covering my eyes with her hand.

"Demi? Are you guys okay?" I heard someone ask.

"Yeah, could you help me for a second Momma, please?" She said making me know it was Dianna.

"Yeah, what do you need me to do?"

"Just cover her eyes."

"Okay."

Dianna covered my eyes and hummed a soft tune. The tune was pretty and it made me kinda sleepy. I felt someone pick me up which made me tense up but relaxed when I heard someone quietly shush me. I knew it was Dianna. She cradled me and rocked me side to side while she hummed beautifully. I felt my eyes shut and the pain in my eye went away but the skin around it still burned.

"Okay." I heard Demi say and I felt he slip in my glasses.

"Shes tired Demi." 

"I know but she hasn't eaten anything since the pizza last night and she didn't even eat a lot of it." 

"It's okay, we can just wake her up when the food arrives."

"Okay, lets go."

I heard Dianna continue her song as she walked out of the room. Almost immediately we were greeted with the noise of people arguing and a person apologizing a lot.

"This is your last warning Lena." I heard a gruff voice say.

"I am so sorry sir, I was just trying not to run into Gabe, but it wont happen again, I promise." A female voice said.

"Hey, sorry guys, I didn't mean to leave so quickly but she needed a break from all this noise." Demi said.

I heard someone else say something but I could understand what they said because Dianna's humming filled my ears before I gave into the darkness of the thing I dreaded the most. Sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry I was gone for so long but I lost my laptop then found it under my sisters bed for some odd reason.

Hope you enjoyed. Have a good day/night!!