Everything hurts

[Rachel's POV]

We pulled up to Demi's house and it was HUGE. The man next to us was very scary looking. Demi said that there was nothing to be afraid of because he was there to keep us safe, but I was still scared.

When we got out of the car I put my arms up at Demi while I looked behind me. Thankfully she picked me up and carried me to the door. The guy (A/N: THE GUY MEANS MAX) had demi's bag and followed us which scared me even more. That was too much and I couldn't look at him so I barried my face in the crook of Demi's neck.

Once we were inside Demi put me down so I grabbed her hand before she could walk away and followed her for the kitchen. She sat me on the counter top and told me not to move so I didn't fall off. She walked to a small closet and went inside. I thought she was going to get new clothes but she came out with box.

"Do you want some cereal, too?" She asked me holding up the box that had a smiling bee.

I nodded yes.

"Okay." She said with a soft smile.

I had never had this before. I didn't know what cereal was but I didn't want her to be mad at me for not getting it so I did. I wondered is she made 'arroz con leche' on the weekends. I didn't ask her though. She came back with milk and a bowl with little yellow circle things inside that smelled sweet. She poured the milk in the bowls and put the mess away. She got two spoons and handed me the bowl with the spoon.

She took a spoonful if hers and I did the same. It tasted good. Not like arroz con leche good but it was close. I made a writing motion with my hands so I could write to her.

"Oh sorry I forgot, hold on don't move okay? I don't want you to fall off." She said softly.

I listened to her and waited. About a minute later she came back with a little book and a pencil. I took it from her to ask the number one question.

'Who was that man outside?'

"His name is Max and like I said in the car, he is here to keep us safe. Kinda like what Rex does for you." She said in a calm and caring tone.

I was almost done when a loud sound went throughout the house.

*DING*
*DONG*

I jumped and started to shake. Demi noticed and picked me up and rocked me back and forth. I held onto Demi for dear life. After a while it went off again.

*DING*
*DONG*

This time Rex started to bark and he was trying to get inside. Max came to the clear door where Rex was.

"Open it please." Demi said in a calm voice.

Max did as he was told and opened the door. Rex came running in and he was looking for me. Once he found me his barking stoped.

"Hey, do you want to go with Rex while I open the door?" Her tone was soft and calming.

I nodded my head in response.

She put me down and Rex started to lick my face, hands, and arms to calm me down. It always worked and this time was no different.

[Demi's POV]

I was so thankful that Rex came over and stoped barking. I gave Rachel to Rex and her heavy breathing started to even out. I walked over to the door quickly before Marissa could ring the doorbell again.

I opened the door and she had a small Target bag with clothes in it. We hugged and said hello to each other.

"You better start talking Demitra." Marissa stated firmly.