Home

[Demi's POV]
After the doctor and I went outside he let out a deep sigh which kinda worried me.

"So first off she has a lot of bruising and blood on and around her inner thighs and behind them so that leads me to believe that she was sexually abused."

With that my emotions were all over the place but the two most noticeable ones were sadness and anger. I nodded my head signaling for him to continue.

"Also when I was checking her spinal cord she seamed to be in a lot of pain that were not from her cuts so she might have a spinal injury but we can't tell without an x-ray."

"Then let's give her an x-ray." I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"We would however she is so malnourished that her body won't be able to withstand the radiation even with the led lined vest. So she will be on a diet and should go through physical therapy." He stated calmly.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I nodded trying to keep myself from crying. But I remain unsuccessful because a few tears fell from my eyes.

"Is that all?" I asked afraid of the answer.

"Unfortunately no, she also has to much exposure to bright lights so she needs new contacts and/or sunglass." He states getting right to the point which I appreciated.

"Thank you but um, what will happen to her?" I asked.

"Well since he father is going on trial and her mother is dead she will have to go into the system which means the dog will have to be taken away because he is a danger to the other kids and caretakers." He said

"But she has a tight connection to the dog and same with the dog. He would be more of a danger if she isn't with him." I stated frantically

"Well I am sorry there is nothing I could do and if he is more of a danger then he will be put down."

"What if I adopt her and the dog." I said surprising myself just as much as I surprised him.

"Would you be willing to do so?" He said surprised and confused.

"Yes." I said more confidently

"Well them I will go get the paper work for the girl and print some for the dog." He stated as he shook out the confused and surprised feeling.

"Thank you." I said finding myself feeling extremely happy.

I walked into the room with a smile on my face but I forgot to knock, which made Rachel jump. Though my smile did shrink it didn't disappear. I walked over to her and put my hand on her arm to comfort her then I spoke.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I did want to ask you a question though." I said with the happiness clearly in my voice. She started to write on her piece of paper which was now almost filled.

'What's the question?' Was on the paper and I looked at her face which had confusion and curiosity written all over it.

"Well I was wondering if you would want to come live with me for a awhile?" I asked hopeful.

It took her a second to process what I just said to her but when it finally hit her she looked happy then wrote on her paper...

'Can Rex come too?' She had a hopeful yet worried look on her face.

In response I nodded my head vigorously and said yes.

Her face turned from that hopeful yet worried expretion to an extremely happy one and she nodded her head.

[Two days later]

[Same POV]

It had been two days since I had told Rachel that she would be living with me and the doctor told me that we are okay to go home. He also said to keep an eye on Rachel and good luck. Now we were waiting on the discharge papers then we would be free to go home.

I was do happy and so was Rachel. We were about to head out of the doctors when I realized that Rachel would need new cloths because she only had the ones she had on now. However I didn't want to bring her to a crowded mall so I called my best friend, Marissa.

After only one ring she picked up and she sounded worried which made me feel bad.

"OH MY GOD YOUR ALIVE!!" She said and I could tell she was almost in tears.

"yes I am alive but now partially deaf" I said with an small laugh at the end.

"Sorry but I haven't heard anything from you since I was told you were in the hospital. I even tried to vist you but you were sleeping. Dems you scared me." She said still in a worrisome tone.

"I'm so sorry for scaring you but I need a favor." I asked in a hopeful tone.

"Anything Dems." She stated as I heard her starting to calm herself.

"I need you to go to the store and looks for some  clothes." I asked.

"Sure what do you want?" She asked back.

"Anything that will fit a six year old girl." I said in some what of a worried tone because I didn't want to explain it over the phone.

"Um Demi why do you have a six year old girl with you?" She asked curiously.

"I will explain later, okay?" I stated which in turn she sighed.

"Okay, fine but you better." She stated firmly.

"Thanks Mar, your the best!" I said enthusiastically.

"I know. Bye" She said playfully.

"Bye." I said back happily.

I turned to Rachel and bent down to her height.

"Okay, you ready?" I said with a huge grin on my face.

She nodded and took my hand that I extended to her. As we walked back to the car I finally noticed her limp so I offered to carry her.  She in turn nodded and reached her arms up to me. I picked her up and sat her on my hip. I grabbed Rex's harness and walked to the back where Max was waiting with my driver.

When they walked up to me Rachel got tense and hid her face in the crook of my neck. While that was happening Rex started to growl at Max which made him back off. I managed to get my bag off and got into the car. I put Rachel in the seat next to me so I could buckle my seatbelt then I  pulled Rachel onto my lap.

After the bag was in the trunk Max closed it and it made Rachel jump when the car bounced. I shushed her to calm her.

The drive to my house was quiet. The only noise wad the music playing softly throughout the car.

Once we were in my drive way Rachel looked up to see my mansion. Her eyes went wide in awe. And if anyone listened very closely they would have heard her small gasp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading and have a fantastic day/night.