Dawn Has Coloured Me In Candlelight, today

Dawn Has Coloured Me In Candlelight, Today

Dawn has colored me in candlelight, today.

It’s light of hope has warmed the tips of my fingers, and enlivened the garden of words growing in my lungs. I am breathing poetry today, and ink is seeping across my heart, sewing it back together with ebony tethers.

There is a call on the wind

that shall never end,

and it breezes through my window

and breathes free of sorrow.

There’s something in the hollow of my bones. Something certain and strong. Perhaps it is the flame of dawn itself, but today it shines upon the names already seared upon my heart. Love is echoing in my heartbeat, and my blood is coursing it to my very toes. I am warm, and the Summer heat has nothing to do with it.

There’s a sun on the horizon’s bend,

and it promises that I’ll mend.

Skin and bone will stand tall together,

and I will fly with these hand-crafted feathers.

This cup of coffee is as dark as the night sky, and the lights reflect three glimmering moons upon its surface. The steam tickles my toes as I lift it to my lips. It should be bitter and biting, and instead I find it to be soothing and inviting. I take another sip, and revel in the calmness of a new day.

There’s hope within the stars,

and it shines from way afar.

But it is there, written gentle and bright,

illuminating the darkness of the night.

It’s only five AM, but today hope and love enliven my fingers. These words pouring fourth from the fountain of my soul are stained with the shades of a flickering candle, and I dare to think it shall never expire. I’m crafting this into an eternity, because mortality hovers so dearly around my heart, and I want this feeling to last forever. I’ve found the sunlight today in the wake of a greyed dawn, and never have I been more peaceful.

So I dedicate this to you, dears,

that have helped me bear my every fear,

and soothed away with gentle hands

that told me that you understand.

You have saved me time and time again,

and taught me how to let the light come in,

and the shadows have been replaced with hope -

thank you, thank you, for teaching me how to cope.

And now that my heart is at rest,

and warmth courses through my chest,

I find myself with a smile on my face

as the stars rearrange within the arms of space.