46

Craig and I end up going to a bar rather than dinner with Token and Clyde. It wasn't surprising, but it was a little disappointing.

Token and Clyde we're already there when we arrived, Token sitting on the inside of a booth with a lemon water in front of him and Clyde had a barely sipped liquor in front of him. They were both sitting on the same side of the booth waiting for us.

I sat down first, scooting in the booth as Craig sat down on the outside. Craig flagged down the waitress and ordered a round of shots for the table.

"It's been forever, Craig!" Clyde whined leaning dramatically forward on the table, "It's almost as if you don't have any time for your best friend any more!"

"What do you mean?" Craig asked throwing his arm over the back of the booth, "I hang out with Token all the time."

Token rolled his eyes and stirred his water with his straw. "How could you say that I'm not you're best friend!?" Clyde cried, reaching across and grabbing Craig's hands.

Craig pulled his hands away, practically glaring, "Stop being so over dramatic."

Then, the waitress set down a shot glass in front of all of us. I eyed the vodka shot worriedly, and Token pushes his away immediately. "Uh, no. I'm driving you fools home tonight."

"Aww c'mon, mama Token!" Clyde cheers, sliding heavily into Token's personal space, "One drink won't kill you. It won't even put you over the limit if we're here forever!"

Clyde proceeds go down his shot in one go, gagging slightly, then coughing like the lightweight he is. Token pats his back concernedly as he gags. Craig laughs.

"If you don't want to drink it, don't." Craig gets up from the booth, Clyde following him.

Clyde grabs his hand excitedly, "Let's to while that pool table is open!" and drags Craig with him to the other side of the bar.

Token sips the vodka, then sighs, "What did Craig say?"

I tilt my head, "W-What?"

Token looks me dead in the eye, "What did Craig say? I figured he knows about your feelings now."

I flush, "How did y-you know...?"

"I've known you for years, Tweek," he says smiling calmly, "Just like I've known him. Did it go well?"

I shrug, "I don't know. I... I don't th-think so. He doesn't li-like me as more than a... a friend."

Token snorts, "Okay. Sure. I take it that's what he said?" I nod. "Hmm. Okay. Let me know if anything happens, alright? I'm here to help you."

"Yeah... of cour-course."