56

The rest of the night goes by without any obvious flaw, even though I'm still jittery through most of it.

Craig even shares his fries with me, which he never does. It's almost like a moment of complete peace. Just the two of us.

Craig pays for the whole thing, despite me telling him I'd pay for my part. "Consider it a gift" he said. I nearly rolled my eyes, that was so cliché and such a romcom line.

We began walking back home, after. It was late-ish, only around 8:30-9:00. I was pretty sure Craig had an early shift tomorrow, so I felt kind of bad for keeping him out.

Walking down the street, after the sun went down, just the two of us... geez. It was- no, it felt stupidly romantic. This has to be a date, right??

I should just ask... I look over to Craig and our eyes meet, because he was already looking at me, and I turn away as quick as I turned to look. Oh geez, that was weird. That was stupid. He's totally thinking I'm a weirdo now- why was he looking at me in the first place!?! I was already being a weirdo-

"Tweek."

I jump to a stop, turning back to Craig. He's looking down at me, his face as stoic as ever, but there's something there in his eyes that I don't know-

The Craig sighs, looking away from me. I guess I've made him upset or maybe he's mad- oh no, what if this is when he leaves me alone and it's- Then I notice the slightly pink tint to his cheeks and I feel my whole face flush with heat.

"I..." Craig starts, he reaches over toward me, then he stops for just a moment before he places his hands on my shoulders softly. Craig's eyes meet mine again and I want to look away but I find it nearly impossible with the way his eyes are pouring out emotion I haven't seen before. "I'm so happy you've decided to talk to me again... I missed talking to you, after you stopped talking for so long and... I just missed you in general-" Craig closed his eyes and I realized how close we were, when did we get so close. "I know I was a dick to you for a really long time and there's no way I can make up for it- I just-"

"I-It's okay..." I whisper leaning closer to him, I hesitantly grab the front of Craig's shirt.

Craig sighs and moves part of my hair back. I need to get it c- then Craig is leaning in even closer and I forget what I was thinking about- I feel so intoxicated by him, if I just moved a little closer... we would be kissing...

Craig looks at my lips, then back up to my eyes. I feel my face get even hotter, and I nod just slightly enough to not break this scene, and I close my eyes, completely trusting Craig. I feel his nose bump mine slightly, and I feel his breath over my lips-

"CRAIG!! THERE YOU ARE!"

God fucking damnit.