Chapter 3

Hey guys. Thank you sooo...much for those amazing comments from the previous chapter. As a gift Jared's pic on top.

Enjoy..

.............................
"What an wuss? Actually that phrase is right you know- birds with same feather flock together. Also you can't expect anything better from a douchebag's secretary!" Ella shouts with fury.

After talking to her mom, Laura comes downstairs and tells Ella about today's disastrous incident. And that is her reaction. After hearing about it, she is practically fuming.

Though there is nine years difference between them, Ella and Laura are close. That's why Ella knows close to everything about Laura including Laura's past.

"But why did you just left like that? Why didn't you just told him that you're Laura Williams? You were supposed to meet Jared and talk about the project." Ella starts saying.

"Now Jared will think you stood him up. And what are you going to do about the project? Now the day after tomorrow on the conference where you were supposed to give your decision, you're gonna tell them about the change of plans!! What were you thinking?" Ella says with dissapointment laced with her words.

Yes, Laura is supposed to feel angry but Ella wishes that Laura managed that situation differently.

Laura hates it when Ella is right. She's also worrying about the same thing. She doesn't know how to fix it. "I wasn't thinking straight." Laura mumbles guiltily.

Ella softens,"It reminded you of your past, didn't it?" It slips out of her tongue before she could stop herself. But after seeing Laura's pained expression, she wishes she didn't say that.

"Yeah" Laura chokes out before excusing herself.

Past unwanted memories are swarming in front of her eyes that were buried deep in the back of her mind. She thought she was over those. But clearly she isn't. She is feeling vulnerable, broken.

Ella mayhap knows about Laura's past. But she doesn't know about the details. Something Laura has no intention of telling her.

....................

Jared's Place

"We..ll..it was something like this......a tall girl did go to the hotel claiming that she was Laura Williams......" Reid starts saying nervously pausing after every few words. But it's not his fault. He's sure anyone standing in front of his boss right now would do the same.

Its already 8 p.m now. The great Jared Parker aka his boss is standing in front of him freshly showered and looking intimidating as ever. "Well?" Jared looks at Reid expectantly, silently asking him to continue.

Reid swallows like he tasted something bitter and continues,"But I'm damn sure she wasn't Laura Williams."

Jared looks at him dumbfounded. "Does it matter what you think?"

"Huh!" Reid says speechless. Like he didn't hear what Jared just said. Did he just say what Reid thinks he heard. It doesn't matter!

"Are you going to stand there like a bloody idiot? Or going to say why didn't you think it was important to inform me that there was a girl claiming she was Laura. Why I had to know that from an employee of that hotel?" Jared said calmly. Indicating the calm before the storm.

"Fuck. Why did he had to know about that girl? Now I have to explain." Reid curses mentally.

"That girl was wearing street style. She was looking like a college girl. Not like a person who's going to take over a company soon." Reid says.

Jared is about to brush him off when Reid again says,"Mr. Parker look....actually" Reid turns his tone softer to make Jared understand.

"That girl wasn't looking like a woman who has come to a business meeting. It can't be possible that Laura Williams who has passed from Oxford with the best result in the whole university has come to business meeting in that attire. I'm sure that girl wasn't Laura." Reid finishes confidently.

Jared looks at him for a moment then asks,"Then what did you tell that girl?"

Now Reid's face turned a bit sheepish.

"I perhaps insulted her a bit. Like a lot."

"You did what?" Jared's booming voice echoes through out the whole penthouse.

Reid's mind went to that day when a fangirl of Jared claimed that she was Jared's actual guest and Reid had believed her and let her in. That girl bomberd Jared with selfies.And obviously Jared had screamed bloody murder.

Today the same thing is happening again. Only this time it's because Reid didn't let that girl in.

"Why did you insulted that girl? Who knows, what if that girl was really Laura? After all she can't really be a fan girl when no one knows about this meeting." Jared barks.

"Why does he have to shout? I'm pretty sure the whole building is hearing." Reid complains to no one in particular in his mind.

"Do you realise how much problem you've created, you dumb?"

Reid stays silent. Finding no words to say in return.

"That girl will turn out to be Laura Williams when the sun rises in West." Reid widens his own eyes at his own words. Who told him to open his big mouth?

"You should start praying that you're right. Or else your sun will go down." Jared says in a icy tone.

"I'm so getting fired." Reid thinks silently.

....................

Poor Reid.😔😔

Woohoo Jared just came to the spotlight. What are your thoughts about him?

Did you check out his picture? Isn't he handsome........ Greek god is the perfect title for him.

So..what do you think is going to happen next. What are going to be Jared and Reid's reactions when they'll see Laura. What do you think is Laura's hunting past??

So....many questions and answers are yet to find out.

This chapter was supposed to be published yesterday night but due to some problems I had to rewrite it again!!

-Arin