Chapter 25

'Morning, Laura.' Jared greets her as she sits in front of him with coffee in her hand.

Jared was expecting that Laura'd be awkward to talk to him or even to look at him. But she surprises him when she greets him with a small smile, 'Morning.'

'By the way, thanks for taking me to my place tomorrow. Grace told me.' Jared raises his eyebrows at Laura. Isn't she acting a bit too casual like she doesn't even remember that kiss?

'No problem. You were out cold last night. So I had to lift you up in order to get you to your place from the car.' Jared pauses and then while looking over his laptop he says in a casual tone, 'You must be a foodie for having that much weight. It felt like my arms were getting numb.'

He doesn't take his eyes of his laptop screen. But he can feel one set of eyes throwing daggers at his way. He smirks. Seems like the great Laura Williams who's as cold as Norway actually knows to give a reaction.

'If I was that heavy then what was the need of carrying me? I didn't tell you to do that.' Laura says with a tight lipped smile looking like a tigress ready to pounce.

Yeah, she knows that she never works out and rarely goes out to jog. But that doesn't mean that he can call her fat.

'I couldn't have just left you in that club like that. I'm a gentleman.' Jared says with mock horror.

'A gentleman who calls a lady fat.' Laura says.

'Well, I hadn't told you to drink and then do things that you'd regret later.' Jared says while looking at Laura expectantly to see her reaction at remembering that kiss.

'I don't think that falling asleep is something that I should regret of.' Laura says while flipping the pages of a file.

'Who told you that all you did was falling asleep? Cause I can clearly remember you doing so much more than that.' Jared again looks at Laura expectantly to see whether she gives a reaction or not.

Nervousness flickers through Laura's eyes for a brief second. But it goes away just as fast as it had come. 'Well, I only rememember me falling asleep. So..' Laura shrugs.

Jared is fully sure now that Laura's fainting innocence. It's impossible for her to forget anything of yesterday. She only had two shots and was tipsy. She wasn't even fully drunk that she'd forget anything of last night.

But, Jared's not gonna let her get away so easily. Doesn't matter whether she faints innocence till the end or not.

'So, you're not even interested to know what you did last night other than falling asleep? Don't you wanna know how did you flirt with that bartender or-' Jared pauses and a devilish glint comes on his eyes. He leans towards Laura a bit, for which Laura narrows her eyes at him and he starts whispering, 'or how you started glancing at my-'

Laura doesn't let Jared finish and snaps, 'Shut up! I don't have time to listen to your gibberish. I have works to do.' She gathers the files and with an angry scowl gets up from her chair and goes to Grace's table.

For the first time Jared doesn't get angry at Laura for snapping at him. Rather he chuckles under his breath. Looks like miss cold is trying to lie with a straight face and is failing miserably.

Laura huffs out a breath just as she sits on Grace's table. That Jared is just getting on her nerves. When doesn't he? Laura thinks.

Grace doesn't show any reaction at having Laura at her table. She heard the whole conversation between Jared and Laura other than Jared's last part when he was whispering. They weren't really talking in a low voice.