Chapter 21

I'm singing Señorita and writing this chapter. The original song is sang by Shawn Mendas and Camilla Cabello. It's just so amazing, You should definitely listen it.
.................

Laura's walking towards the ladies bathroom. She's wearing flats which Grace lended to her. She was looking at Laura with disbelief while landing these flats. Apparently it's unbelievable how a person can slip on the stairs and sprain her ankle on the process.

Perhaps Grace doesn't live in reality. Laura thinks.

She's about turn around a pillar when a voice stops her on her track. A very familiar voice.

'Why would I be jealous of a mere employee?' Alisha's very familiar voice says.

Laura hides behind the pillar and looks at her from a angle so that Alisha can't see her. It's only for a moment so that she can take her curiosity. She thinks.

'Well obviously you're jealous. Or else why would you be standing in front of me now blocking my path, talking like you're about to behead me.' Someone says.

Laura looks at them and realises that the other person is Marissa Sanders. Head of the interior designing department. She's hot, Laura has to admit.

'Seriously! Your illogical talking is really getting to me now. Give me one good reason of why I should be jealous of some one like you.' Alisha says.

'Mere employee? Who, me?' Marissa looks at Alisha with quirked eyebrows as if challenging her.

'Then why don't you ask your dear Jared to fire me? Just like you did with Miranda. After all I do know for a fact that you don't like me that much. More then enough reason to tell Jared, no?' Marissa says in a taunting tone.

Laura zones out after Marissa's words. What did she mean by Jared firing Miranda? Who's Miranda anyway? Did Jared really fire that girl just because Alisha told him to? Is Alisha that important to him?

What if they really have a relationship just like the tabloids say?

Seriously? What is she thinking? It doesn't matter whether they have a relationship or not. What matters is that if he fired an innocent employee just because of Alisha.

'Ooh! Someone's still angry because she lost her favourite puppy. And about me telling Jared to fire you, why would I do that? You don't pose a threat to me.' Alisha tauntingly says with a provocative smirk.

Laura starts wondering how on earth that girl who's standing there like she owns this place, was her friend. Back when Alisha was her friend, did Laura  ever imagined that she'll see this side of that sweet person. Then again time can do wonders. Or perhaps Alisha always had a side like this. Which Laura had failed to realise.

'Miranda was not my puppy.' Melissa  says with a bit anger. Then she gets that signature smirk on her face again and continues.

'I don't come as a threat to you...are you sure about that? Cause to me...it feels like you do think of me as threat. Or else why would you be standing here having this conversation with me? You're not someone with whom I'd like to be seen.'

Laura becomes impressed at Marissa. This girl handles Alisha better then anyone. She doesn't seem like a bad person anymore.

But it seems like Alisha is not at all impressed at Marissa's comeback.

'What do you mean by that?' Alisha sharply asks.

'A little birdie told me that you slept with the director of 'Playing with fire' to get your role.' Marissa shrugs.