Chapter 9

The weather was cold. It was slightly snowing too. White snow hit my face as I looked up at the sky and smiled. The sky was looking beautiful today.

A snow ball hit the side of my hand and I looked at my left to see who's the culprit. A cute guilty smile of a no more then five years old boy greeted me. I always felt awkward interacting with someone. But that boy's smile made me smile at him and throw a snowball at him.

I entered my school. Just as I was going to enter the building through the door a familliar voice stopped me.

"Hey! Wait for us L." The blonde girl stood in front of me and took a long breath. Her cheeks were flashed indicating that she was running a while ago.

"Good morning." I said to violet giving a small smile. Then I noticed that Alisha was standing beside Violet. She waved at me as greeting and I waved back.

"You're looking really pretty today." Alisha complimented me. I blushed at her compliment. It wasn't like I got compliments everyday. Before I could say that she wasn't right Violet cut me off and said,"Ali's right you know. You're looking so pretty. Any special occasion?"

I blushed harder and said in a small voice,"That's not true V. You and Alisha are two of the most beautiful girls in our school. Besides everyone says I'm ugly."

My face fell at my own words. But then it got back to normal. It has become a normal thing for me to get called ugly. It used to hurt a lot in the past. But now it doesn't hurt that much anymore.

But Violet's thinking wasn't like mine. She has been my best friend for years. She hated the fact that I don't believe I'm beautiful. So she looked at me disapprovingly.

Violet made a serious face and said,"Don't believe other's words. You are beautiful. Aunt Stella, me, my family and Alisha, we all know that." I gave out soft small smile at her words.

Suddenly violet said that I didn't answer her earlier question. I smiled a bit and said,"It's their anniversary today."

Realisation hit Violet and she said,"Oops I forgot it's 4th August today. Like every year you and Aunt Stella are going to celebrate, right? That's why I wonder how come you've dressed up. I'm sure Aunt Stella made you wear this. You even put a slight makeup on your face."

I looked down at my outfit. I was wearing a simple light pink coloured turtle neck tee shirt with fitting jeens.  I paired it up with a white overcoat and a white scarf. Obviously Aunt Stella was the one who picked out my outfit. But it didn't look that fancy to me. Although it was not my usual style. If someone could even call my normal look style.

Violet, Alisha and I started going towards the locker when I heard some snickering. The familliar voice of Robin Milford, one of the famous bad boy's of our school and our school's star Jared Parker's best friend stopped  me at my track,"Look who's trying to be Emma Watson." Robin snorted.

"Yeah the school nerd is trying to dress up today, huh. Is she really thinking that she'll look good if she dresses up? Like seriously." Jared and Robin's other friend Ben added.

I was going to brush past them, not really intended on hearing their rubbish. It wasn't like it was a new thing. They talked like that about me everyday. After all they were my personal bullies.

Just as I was about to move past them Violet walked towards the three boys and stopped right in front of them.

"Who are you to talk?" Violet said with her eyes shooting bullets that made everyone think that Robin and Ben should be six feet under the ground.