Chapter 12

This chapter is dedicated to @Alove432. Who's a really good friend I've made on Wattpad. I've learned a lot from her.

..................

The sky is too gloomy for Laura's liking today. She's having a nasty feeling in the pit of her stomach that something bad is going to happen. Who knows what is stocked in her bucket today!

A sigh leaves from her, as she turns her face away from the window. Her mom shouts for her to go downstairs to eat breakfast.

Laura mumbles a good morning to Karen as she takes her seat at the table. Yummy looking cupcakes are batting their eyelashes at Laura, ready to be devoured.

If this was any other day then Laura wouldn't even wait a second to eat them. But today..she just doesn't have appetite.

Laura notices that Marcus is not present in the table who's supposed to sit next her.

'Mom, where's dad?'

'He has some important work today. So he has left early.' Karen replies.

Soon Ella joins on the dining table.

'Uhhh cupcakes!' Ella says with her eyes sparkling. She snatches the most handsome looking cupcake and puts the whole cupcake in her mouth.

'Ella! Drink water first.' Karen scolds her. Syrup is spilling from her mouth as Ella gives an innocent smile.

Laura is poking her plate with a spoon when Ella asks her,'Is that blasted work of your finished? For which you were up all night.'

Laura looks up at Ella.

'I wasn't up all night. I thought it would take time. But surprisingly there wasn't much to do.'

Ella makes an 'O' face and goes back to eating. Last night when Laura was looking through the file she found out that there wasn't really any problem. Some strategies were just misplaced that's all.

And that is strange. If there isn't really any problem then why did Jared make it seem like a big deal?

Laura is hundred and two percent sure that Jared is cooking something. And it's frustrating her to no end that she doesn't know what that something is!

Ella starts arguing with Karen for another cupcake. She's shouting at the top of her lungs when Laura snaps at her

'Uff Ella. Enough.'

Ella only looks at Laura with raised eyebrows. 'Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.'

..........................

Laura's organizing some papers when Reid comes in. Its already been three hours since Laura has come to work. In this time she hasn't seen Jared for even once.

'The meeting is going to start soon.' Reid announces.

'Okay. I'll be there in a minute.' Laura says. Reid leaves after that.

Laura gathers the file and her laptop and start heading for the conference room.

Jared's face is the first face that greets her upon entering the conference room. Following close by her dad's face.

'Dad! What are you doing here?' Laura whisper yells after taking her seat between Marcus and Grace.

'I had just finished work when Jared called. He said that it's been a while since I've last come to see you two's work. So he proposed that if I'm free then I should drop by. So I thought why not?' Marcus says in a low voice.