Chapter 28

RAMADAN MUBARAK guys! Although I'm wishing late hope you stay safe and happy in this Ramadan.

Before you guys proceed with the chapter let's pray for the 200k+ people who've died due to COVID-19. Hope they rest in peace. Let's also pray for the people who are infected and doctors and the medical staff who are putting their own lives at sake to protect ours.

Now enjoy the chapter and please read the author's note at the end.

.......................

  Violet shut the engine of her car after parking it. She got out of her car while sending a text to Laura stating that she's here. As a car whooshes past her she whips her head towards it then goes back to scrolling through the article about a recent murder. She doesn't know why but she feels like this murder is related to her case.

  Police has finally discovered the identity of the body found in the dumpster. Mr. Josepf Linkin, a twenty two year old college student who lived with his distant aunt. Police hasn't yet found out the reason behind his brutal murder or the motive behind the murdere's......

  Violet suddenly stills and looks at the direction from where the sound of a person speaking can be heard. Can't they speak lowly?

  Almost without realizing Violet heads towards that voice's direction.

  Just her luck. Its the devil because of whom she really wants to become a murderer.

  'Yeah yeah. The hearing went well..... No, the opposition had nothing better..... I don't know when since the court hasn't told us yet.... Okay see you then. Bye.' While pocketing his phone Ben locks his car. As he turns around, the female figure standing in front of him stops him on his track.

  'Fancy seeing you here, Attorney Carson.' Violet tries hard not to sneer.

  'Can't say the same about me, Attorney Wood.' Ben doesn't even bother being polite. A fact Violet doesn't miss. 'What are you doing here anyways?' Ben continues.

  'Well I was waiting for someone when suddenly it felt like a banshee was screeching. So I came to check the matter. Found out it was just you speaking loudly.' Violet shrugs.

  Ben rolls his eyes. If she wants to get a rise out of him she needs to work harder.

  He gives out a flat smile. 'Now that you have checked, I'll take my leave.' When Ben's about to brush past her Violet speaks up. 'Why did you attack professor like that?'