O N E

A/n; merry Christmas to everyone, i decided to post this earlier because I'm too excited to wait.

Maybe I'll post tomorrow :3 thanks so much for keeping up with this story, I love you guys

Sorry if this starts boring  but it gets better very quickly, bear with me

_____

Valerie:

“Ms. Hernández? Where do you want me to put this?” The man from the furniture store was holding a small couch. I was furnishing the whole gallery today. After saving up for 3 years and a loan from my parents I was able to finally make my dream come true.

VH art Gallery in the heart of New York City. I was able to find wonderful paintings at a great price, they were all diamonds in the rough. I also included a couple of my own paintings into the mix since I wanted to make myself known.

The furniture men left everything I bought in different places in the main lounge of the gallery. I sighed looking at the big room in front of me, I didn't know where to place everything and make it look luxurious and classy.

I purse my lips in thought as I played with the charms in my bracelet. I looked down at it with a sad smile, I wondered where Noah could be now, haven't heard from him in years. Still a added a couple of charms into the bracelet, with things that were part of our story.

I sighed heavily and started placing the furniture in place until everything looked perfect. There was a painting studio for myself, an art classroom and the gallery showroom. Everything set for my new life in the big city.

**

“Hello Noodlehead, we should totally catch up”

I typed in my phone, but deleted it quickly. I have been trying to text or call him all this time but I never even knew how to start. It's was lame, it's was useless.

But I still missed him

How did he move on so easily and I haven't been able to do so in 3 years? I wish I knew where he was, what was his life like. Something. But I was in the dark, he could be dead for all I know. Just the thought of it making me shiver.

I had to grow some balls soon so I can call him and talk to him a little. But that won't be today

**

Two weeks went by, and I was doing okay. Not that the gallery was the most famous in New York  but it was selling more than what I was expecting for a starter gallery. My paintings were sold out, and I had made myself the promise to work on more as soon as I got some free time, maybe I could look through my old college projects and see what could be used in there.

Today was my first art class. I was going to be the teacher and I already had some kids signed up. I was making 2 classes daily, in the afternoons for kids and at nights for adults. It was more like a ‘bring me what you want to create and I'll help you do it’ so everyone had their own projects.

A beautiful blonde girl walked inside the store and I smiled greeting her, she has a boy around 8 years old holding her hand.

“Good afternoon, how may I help you? “ I say walking to them the little boy giggles and looks up at me

“I'm here for the art class” the boy say excitedly and the mother chuckled laughing shaking her head

“he wants to make a painting of goku from dragon ball, I'm not sure you make that kind of art, I mean for what I see in this gallery, it's gorgeous”

“thank you so much” I smiled at her sincerely, she nodded and the boy looked up at her

“now, can we start painting?” the boy say eagerly and I laughed nodded “sure, let's look some pictures of goku online and we can get started, right?” I say smiling down at him and the blonde woman taps on my shoulder

“I suppose I can leave him here, right? I can't stay throughout the whole class” she said with  a pleading look and I nodded

“sure, this is what the class it for, you can go, I'll take good care of him” I say patting on the boys head and she smiled again

“thank you, you're an angel” she said quickly pecking the boys cheek and waving at me before she left.

I smiled and looked at the boy once the blonde woman left. “let's go check out that painting, hm?” the little boy nodded and we went into the art classroom to start working on the piece he wanted.

Hours went by and some other kids showed up, all of them working on different pieces. It made my heart warm to work with these kids, I missed my little nephew so much  although he is almost 11 now, I hope Andre brings him to visit me soon.

The afternoon went by smoothly, the kids were really happy with the progress they made and some were coming tomorrow, some were coming other day.

Every kid left, except for the first one that arrived, I had learned his name was Aiden, and the woman that brought him was not his mother, she was his aunt.

I had to take care of the art exposition so I brought the kid from the classroom and he sat on the couch as I started talking art with the few people that were looking at the paintings on sale.

Maybe half and hour went by and the blonde woman from before showed up at the gallery. She walked to the boy and tried to hug him but he didn't let her

“Aiden I'm sorry, i got stuck in traffic” she said apologetically and he sighed.

“just take me home auntie, I'm Tired” the boy said sad and she sighed too, nodding.

“grandma said she made Mac and cheese for dinner, one of your favorites right?” she tried to cheer him up but the kid kept his straight face

“kaaay” he said and held into his backpack, the woman walked to me and smiled a little

“hello, I'm so sorry for picking him up so late, won't be the same next time” she said to me and i nodded, she seemed tired, she was a really nice woman who looked like she worked a lot for her little nephew.

“it's okay, Aiden and I had lists of fun, right Aiden?” I looked at the little kid and he smiled big at me nodding

“We are going to have the beeeest goku painting, auntie” the guy replied, cheering up a little, the girl smiled relieved and smiled at me.

“what is your name?” she asked me and the little boy spoke up

“she is miss V” he replied   since is how I asked the little boys to call me and she giggled a little offering her hand, I took it and shook hers

“I'm Valerie, but everyone calls me V, I like it better, honestly” it's all I can say, because whenever someone called me Valerie a I could think of is Noah calling me like that

“nice to meet you V, I'm Tara” we shook hands and I smiled at her, I might use a friend considering I'm new in town