T H I R T Y - S E V E N

Valerie:

It had been 6 months. 6 months with him. Things really couldn't be any better. We could have our little fights sometimes but I really wasn't something to worry about.

I felt like I was a teenager in love.

There were no words that could explain how much I loved him. I was very happy, however I was scared.

Scared that he leaves.

Of course he promised me that he wouldn't, but what if he does? I think I couldn't handle the pain it'd cause me of he did that.

He tells me how much he loves me everytime but he used to tell Tara he loved her too, and look how that ended up.

As I'm laying in bed next to him, I'm thinking and overthinking about all of this. It's amazing to wake up in his arms, but the silence and the peacefulness gives me time to think about all this stuff, I don't want to lose him, but how do I get him to stay?

This was the third day in a row he has stayed over at my place. His office is closer from here than his apartment, mine is a little bit bigger too so overall we spend more time here.

He already has a whole drawer for him and a toothbrush, I'm starting to think what would it be like if he did actually live here, less space for my clothes but more time with him.

I've gotten used to sleeping next to him, I roll in bed for hours when he is not staying over.

I'm scared to love him this much.

I feel the shuffling next to me, and Noah is waking up, I'm laying on his chest and I look up to him with a soft smile he opens his eyes and grins cutely.

His eyes wrinkle on the side and he breaks into a full toothed smile that I adore.

“morning princess” he says in a husky voice. He used his other arm to stretch in bed and I just look up at him in awe at how gorgeous he is. The thoughts I was having earlier come back and I fail to hide my frown.  

“morning babe” I whisper and cuddle closer into him, I'm hiding my stupid worried face from him. I hope he can let it go

“what's wrong baby?” of course he wouldn't let it go.

“nothing noodles, I'm just a little stressed with something from the gallery” I lie and I hope he believes it, i really need to stop worrying about him leaving, he is here, and he loves me, that should be enough for me.

“is there any way I can help?” he asks frowning too, he doesn't like when I'm stressed.

“it's fine babe, I'm just waiting on a painting delivery that is a little late, but I guess it'll be fine” I lie again but I can't tell him what I'm really thinking about. Maybe I should ask him to move in. That would really make me less scared about him. Has it been enough time?? I think it could, we had been in love for over 4 years, not together, but in love for sure.

“if you need me just tell me, okay, monkey? I want to see you happy and carefree" he smiles softly again and I cuddle closer to him.

“i was going to ask you something last night but you ripped of my clothes and didn't let me” he says jokingly and I punch his chest lightly laughing

“if I remember correctly you had lifted my dress almost all the Way, im not the one who started it “ I reply and he laughs beautifully

“let's just call it a tie, yeah?” he raises and eyebrow and I shake my head, he rolls his eyes and laughs “okay, then it's my fault, still I need to ask you something”