T W E N T Y - O N E

Valerie:

"Auntie V! Auntie V!!!" the little boy came running to hug me, he was 11 now. And he was absolutely adorable.

The flight attendant walked next to him with his bags. My sister couldn't come all the way of the boarding area, but she still brought jason all the way from California.

After a little hug, we went to the train area and we rode all the way to my apartment. It was not super big but it was still enough.

It was Sunday, and we spent together all day chatting, playing together in his Xbox and playing some board games. I avoided my phone all day, so neither Tara or Chad would ask to come over, I didn't know if I wanted to introduce Chad to Jason, what if he'd get attached and then when we break up Jason still asks about him?

He already lost Noah, it was like a big brother he never had. Noah was always so sweet to him whenever he saw my family, and Jason adored him. It still made me sad when he asked about him.

That's also why he won't be meeting Tara, then he'd eventually realize Noah's getting married to someone else and it'd break his heart as much as it broke mine.

So nope.

Our sunday together was so fun, i had missed him so much and we ended up on my bed watching movies and munching on popcorn and candy. What a dream.

Monday came along, I had someone to take care of the gallery in the morning, so i went out with jason to have some brunch.

"I love this pancakes, Auntie, Can i live here in New York with you forever?" He cutely asked and i laughed a little shaking my head

"Sweety, My breakfast would have been some granola and yogurt , if you weren't here" i confess and he laughed a little, He shrugged and continue eating his pancakes. .

I cursed inside my mind when Tara walked in the restaurant. I prayed for her to not see us, but she obviously did. So she walked to us with a bright smile

"Well, hello there" she said to both of us and smiled softly to Jason

"Hey Tara" I say softly not trying to create much conversation

"Hey hun, who is this?" she asked looking at jason and patting on his hair softly.

"I'm Jason!" he said enthusiastically and proud, while still eating his pancakes, Tara giggled a little

"Hello Jason, I'm Tara, Valerie's Friend" She introduced herself, Taking an arm out, and Jason took it shaking it lightly.

"oh Thank god!!! i was starting to think my Auntie didn't have any friends, and that was just sad." Jason said without any filter. I glared at him a little and he just covered his mouth and continue with his meal

Tara just laughed a little and didn't ask before sitting down on our table. Ever since the kiss with Noah, I've been trying to avoid her, but she makes it so hard, she is always super perky and super happy , I just can't seem to act normal around her again.

For Noah, Thankfully i haven't talk to him in this past weeks . I asked him not to reach out to me and he had respected my wishes. The wedding was in two weeks and could only hope to start losing contact with them little by little, and try to move on.

I realized i can't really be in their lives so much or i'll never stop loving Noah. Because yes. I love him. I love him so goddamn much and it sucks to hide my feelings to him, and to everyone one. I know Noah has feelings for me, but probably not as strong as the ones he has for Tara. and it was a mistake to even have that conversation with him.

We were done. and that's how things should be.

After having breakfast with Tara, Jason was really sweet with her, he was sweet with almost everyone, but he was a little brat to people he didn't like. thankfully, Tara didn't mention her wedding or Noah at all, so i didn't have to explain anything about it to jason.

In the afternoon i had to come back to the Gallery, i had to give the art lessons, Tara brought her nephew and Jason was going to work on his own pieces as wel, some other kids were here too and I was happy i could spend some time with Jason even if i had to work.

Classes were done at five. Thankfully it was summer and the days were way longer. So i had some daytime with Jason before we had to go back home and sleep.

I decided We'd go to central park. I had bought a ball, a frisbee and some snacks for a little picnic. I had planned a few things to do all this week with Jason here, I didn't want him to get bored, I hadn't seen him in so long.

After we had some sandwiches, we stood up from the ground and started playing with the ball and the frisbee.

"You suck at this" Jason said while i was running to pick up the frisbee he threw to me and i failed to catch. I was laughing and feeling so free playing with him like this.

I got a phone call and i asked Jason for a time out. I put the phone on my ear and started talking.

It was from the gallery's insurance company, There was a problem with the policy and whatever thing they had and they were saying i had to pay extra each month now.

Just like that, just becuase they felt like it. The conversation dragged on and i was pacing back and forth in the grass literaly fighting with them for being so unfair. How could they do that? Jason was sitting on the grass looking so bored with his legs crossed and his head on his hands.

"If you dont fix it, I'm gonna have to change to another company!" i threaten and then the man on the other side started trying to convince me not to leave them.

after another couple of minutes on the phone, I hung up and turned around to apologize to jason for leaving him there for so long, but he wasn't there.

he wasn't there.

HE WASN'T FUCKING THERE!

"Jason?" I called out, starting to look around, behind the trees, on the bathrooms, aon the little playground, but he wasn't around.

My heart started aching and my breath started to become uneven

How the hell did i let this happen?

"JASON!" i called out louder and started to look around again, now this time running, i didn't care if i left the picnic basket were we were sitting, i needed to find my little nephew!

"JASON! I'M NOT PLAYING! STOP HIDING!!!" I called out again, but still no response. where the hell did he go?

This park was HUGE, how was i supposed to find him?

What if he had gotten kidnapped? or raped? or killed?

I started crying scared, this was such a big city for a little boy like him, how could i've let this happen? I was the worst Aunt in the world.

I went to one of the security guards in the park to ask him for help, he gladly agreed to help me and used his intercom to tell the other guards in the park to keep an eye for Jason

Hours went by, and he was nowhere to be seen. 

__________________________---

a/N: i'm so sorry for the delay guys, i just have been really busy, i should've said i was going to update in those days , i thought i was gojng to be able to make it, but i'ts just hard to keep up with a schedule. 

I will just post whenever i have time to write, i promise i won't make you wait for long, 1 week tops. i will update later tonight because this chapter really sucked. 

Thank you guys for everything <3