T H I R T Y - E I G H T

Valerie:

"this is ridiculous, I'm gonna go and see" I say on the phone, Chris only groans

"it said 3 minutes, you haven't waited for 3 minutes, can you fucking chill?" he complained, I rolled my eyes and scoffed, he was checking the time until I could go and see the result

'It's been like 15 minutes already, chris, do you want to kill me?" I said annoyed tapping my floor on the floor. I was so impatient, I needed to know now.

"56, 57, 58, 59.. 3 minutes" Chris said on the phone and I run to the bathroom, I looked at the two pink stripes on the little pregnancy test

"so? Am I going to be an uncle?" Chris said jokingly but I couldn't think of anything to say, my whole Body had frozen.

I was pregnant

Noah had been bringing some of his stuff to my apartment and I was seeing him almost every day of the week.

How was I gonna hide the fact that I'm pregnant to him? He was gonna know something's up

I don't think he'd ditch me or anything. But he probably had some other plans, not getting tied up by a baby so fast.

I can't believe I had forgotten to check my scheduled appointment to change my birth control implant, I was so busy with a of the popularity the gallery has gotten, that I missed the appointment, if Noah finds out it was really my fault for not going to a medical appointment, he's gonna be mad.

Maybe I can wait a little longer to tell him, we almost live together after all, what is he gonna do? Leave?

Maybe I can get an abortion and not tell him about it, it'll be like it never happened, we can go on with our lives and have babies later on...

But I was not 20 anymore, I was 26 and I was working, I had finished college and I was in a "serious" relationship, it was not really the case to get an abortion, maybe fate wanted me to have this baby with Noah right now.

He's good with kids, I've seen him with my nephew, he's been nothing but a sweetheart, in general he's a really sweet man, he'd be a great father, if we have a baby girl he'd spoil her lik--

"helloooo? I'm still here! " Chris said in the phone I was probably silent for minutes because of all of the things I was thinking about. I sighed frustrated "it's positive, isn't it?" Chris said getting serious. I hummed.

"what am I gonna do, Chris?" I asked him concerned and he sighed as well.

"sweetie, there is nothing much you can do, other than start taking care of yourself and this baby, and of course telling Noah about it" he said serious and I bit my lip still concerned.

"what if he leaves?" I ask scared, I just got him back, I don't want him to leave

"he won't leave, V, he loves you so much, I bet he will be happy about this, you're not kids anymore" Chris said pretty much the things I was worrying about, I was so scared but his reinforcement was needed.

"what if he asks me to get married again? I already rejected him once and..."

"stop getting ahead of yourself, if he proposes you just tell him how you're feeling, that's all, Valerie stop being so insecure about yourself, your relationship" he scolded and I was rolling my eyes, well, he was right, maybe a little bit. "you're gorgeous, you're living a great life, you literally have a perfect boyfriend. this baby will make him happy, stop overthinking" Chris told me the few words everyone always repeated to me.

I heard the front door from my apartment opening and then closing again. He was home.

"I gotta go, Bye, thanks babe" I told him quickly before hanging up. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed the pregnancy test from the counter before quickly hiding it in a drawer.