T H I R T Y - T H R E E

Noah:

I sent her my location last night. and i was feeling a knot in my stomach thinking she’d be here any minute.

But every minute that went by i was losing hope she’d come.

I had been here for 3 days, I didn’t turn my phone off for the first 2 days and just last night i turned it on to find a message from Valerie. I had to answer, and for our texts i thought she’d be here right away, but maybe she wasn’t so sure about us as i was.

It was roughly 10 am, i had been going on for jogs every morning and then stay in the beach all day watching the waves crash in the shore.

Today i don’t feel like going out and jog or do anything.

She is not coming and i’m losing my mind.

There was a knock on the door, and my stomach build up with anticipation. My sad frown and heartache quickly disappeared as i walked to the door ready to face the love of my life after so many years without her.

I opened the door with a smile and it turned into a frown when i saw it wasn’t Valerie, it was Chad.

“Expecting someone else, mate?” He said with a smirk and i groaned opening the door fully and letting him in.

“Well, yeah, actually i was” I say sighing and walking to the bed letting myself fall in it.

“She’s gonna come, maybe she’s just figuring things out first” Chad said calmly as she sat down on the couch in front of my bed.

“Have you spoken to her?” I ask hoping he’d say no, because that’d make me extremely jealous, but then again, she was his girlfriend, maybe they did spoke.

“Not since the wedding” He sighed and looked down “we had just gotten back together, and you ran away, i drove her home and told her she was free to come with you if that’s what she wanted.” He frowned “I can’t compete with you man, she’s clearly crazy about you…” He looked sad, but he looked like he was fine about this whole thing, just sad.

“You are not mad at me?” i asked skeptically, i would , but Chad had become such a mature person with these kind of stuff.

“I am mad, but not for valerie, I’m mad because you didn’t tell me you were having second thoughts about the wedding” He said with a frown and i groaned

“If i told you wou would’ve stopped me” I replied and he chuckled shaking his head

“Or i would’ve helped you” He shrugged and i laughed shaking my head

“I doubt it, the best man is supposed to make sure the groom doesn't run away”  I said matter of factly and he laughed

“And look how much i suck at it” we both laughed and after a few seconds we both got quiet.

“Now what?” He asked crossing his arms around his chest and leaning his back on the couch, i sighed and shrugged, i really didn’t know

“I don’t know, i guess i have to move on with my life…” I said worried and i looked down at the floor “I don’t know what i’ll do if she doesn’t show up, Chad, she’s the reason i did all of this, i don’t see a life without her” I say frustrated and he laughed a little

“Well, you did the first step, that was leaving Tara… if Valerie doesn’t come here, you go to her, and you win her over” he chuckled shrugging “ I mean, you’ve already done it twice, right?” He said shrugging and i frowned thinking about it, he was right. Valerie was single now. Thanks to him, and if i put on enough effort, i could win her over again.