T W E N T Y - S I X

Valerie:

Shit shit shit

Think Valerie! Do something!

I look around quickly and I see the big dark brown door across the room.

The closet, very glamorous

I wiggle out of Noah's tight embrace not caring if I wake him up. I hear some groaning and I quickly and quietly walk inside the closet and scrootch down behind a rack of clothes.

I hear the door of Noah's room opening.

“you're asleep? Noaaaah! “

I hear Tara's whining. Ugh this was so close, we really didn't do anything but if she saw us like that, God knows how she'll react.

I stay there quietly and I hear their conversation even though I shouldn't.

“babe I'm sorry, I totally forgot, I'll take a shower and--”

“you stink, we're you drinking last night?” she sounds snappy. I'm so glad she walked in as loudly as possible.

“uh I…”

“with who?”

“no one… I walked out of my office and out of nowhere I found myself there…”

“you're supposed to be happy Noah” she sounds frustrated “we're 1 week away from our wedding, I'm gleaming with happiness rushing over to the different places I've had to go to arrange our wedding and you are drinking alone like a depressed cowbow”

“I'm sorry Tara, I wasn't sad I just wanted some alone time” Noah tries to calm her down, but I doubt I'll work

“I'm here thinking I'll be having the best day of my life in a week and you think your going to a funeral or something” her voice breaks and I bite my lip feeling terrible. About sleeping here last night

“ofcoruse not” I hear Noah's soft voice and although I can't see I know he's giving her the cutest face he can as he tries to comfort her “Tara you're amazing, you're so amazing” he sighs and I frown. I know that's true but it hurts me to hear him say it “I'm sorry to make you think like that, anyone would be happy to marry you, you're the perfect wife”

Dagger right through the heart. I cover my mouth so my sobs don't come out and I let the tears slowly roll down my face.

Maybe he doesn't even remember our conversation last night.. Maybe he doesn't even know I spent the night here.

Either way I'm stuck in the closet while they get ready and have breakfast. Once I hear the front door closed, I take a deep breath and walk out of the closet.

This house looks a lot different from what I've seen last night. Much more beautiful in the daylight.

I walk across his room and gather my stuff, when I turn around I see a little framed drawing hanging on the wall in his room.

I look at it remembering perfectly. I gave him. That drawing. It was a simple piece of paper and he even framed it in his wall.

I look at it smiling like an idiot as I play with the charms in my bracelet that I never take off.

I don't feel so pathetic anymore.

I wonder if Tara knows I made that drawing?

Probably she doesn't, it's not signed and I doubt Noah would tell her and upset her more about us.

In a few minutes. I'm out the door and rushing outside before I run into anyone. I end up taking the subway to my house, I see a message from Chris to confirm our lunch together. I agree, since I really need to take my mind off stuff.

My lunch date ends up being a lot of fun. I can't believe how much I've missed Chris. He's being a goof and it's exactly what I need to get distracted.

We go shopping and I buy some accessories to wear at the wedding that match the Teal dress I've got to wear.

After hearing Noah talking to Tara, I think he won't calm the wedding off. Maybe he just thought about it better. I'm not happy, but at least I know it's the right thing.

Chris goes on about some guy he met when I walked in the hotel Last night and how they stayed in the bar talking about meaningful things and such.

Chris has a gold heart and I wonder how he keeps being so cheerful even after so many breakups. Maybe Tara will still be a sunshine even if Noah breaks her heart?

Ugh I can't believe I'm even thinking about that.

Once I'm back home at night I let out a tired sigh. I've been out all day with Chris and I'm so glad I'm finally able to go to bed. My phone rests in my nightstand I realize I forgot to take it with me today.

There's a few missed calls from Noah and a voicemail. I hesitate for a few seconds before hearing it.

“hey Valerie, I umm I'm so sorry about this morning, I totally forgot Tara was comming  thanks for doing what you did, it would have made her crazy if she found you there… anyways um thank you.. For taking me home last night, and umm I know you heard my conversation this morning, but I still meant everything I said last night. If you tell you want it, that's what I'll do… I only want to make you happy… I gotta go but… I love you Valerie, more than I should”

I sigh as I hear his sad voice over the phone. I look at the ceiling for what seemed to be hours. I don't know what to do.

I love him So much. But I don't want to hurt anyone.

He says he wants to make me happy…

What will make me happy, though?

If he leaves Tara, I won't be happy knowing I caused her so much pain. I can start a relationship with him and I'll always know I hurt someone so much to get what I wanted. And I also think about the other option… They get married and I'm stuck with my feelings for the rest of my life thinking about how I let the love of my life go.

But I just put my phone to the side and let things happen their own way.

I'll be miserable whether or not he gets married. That really sucks for me huh?

Well. I have 7 days to figure out what I really want to do with my feelings.

In 7 days Noah won't ever have the chance to be mine again.

__________________

A/n: what do you guys think of this chapter?

It was kind of lame, sorry, but at least the cliffhanger gets resolved.

So you guys think next chapter should be the wedding or should I squeeze something in between? 🤔 I'm still not sure

Anyways, I'll be writing next one on Saturday, love you guys so much