5 - bulimia

Doyoung's POV

"So Doyoung honey, are you and Taeyong friends?" Taeyong's mother asked me as we sat down to eat.

I flickered my gaze over to him before answering. "No... he's just helping me for a while."

"Shame." she pursed her lips. "You seem much nicer than that Jaehyun."

"Jaehyun's sexier though." Taeyong's older sister giggled.

Taeyong glared at his sister and mimed putting his finger down his throat.

"It would be nice if Taeyong had some sensible friends for once." she shot her son a disapproving look. "You're welcome to stay over for the night."

"Thank you." I smiled politely at her.

"Will you?" Taeyong suddenly turned to me.

"Wh-what?"

"Will you stay over?" his eyes pierced into mine, reminding me of the kiss we shared earlier.

"I-I don't know... I'll have to ask my mum." I stuttered, looking away before I stared for too long. Damn it his gaze was dangerous, sexily dangerous.

What the fuck Doyoung?! Why are you even thinking like this... I slapped my cheek then looked up when I remembered where I was.

His sister looked at me weirdly. "He's a strange one..."

I put my cutlery down and put my hands together. "Thank you for the food, it was delicious."

"You hardly ate anything! Eat a few more vegetables."

"No I really can't..." I protested weakly as his mother piled more food onto my plate.

Great, more food to vomit up later.

I nibbled on the vegetables and didn't miss the stare Taeyong was giving me from the corner of his eye.

I felt the bile rising to my throat and I quickly swallowed it down, then took a large drink of water.

"Crap." I mumbled and felt tears coming to my eyes. "I'm sorry."

I rushed away from the table and searched for a bathroom. Luckily it was easy to find and I threw my guts up into the toilet. After a few minutes of hunching over the toilet I grabbed some tissue to wipe my mouth and flushed the toilet. I stood up shakily and rinsed my mouth out before exiting the toilet.

I jumped when I saw Taeyong waiting outside with crossed arms. "What happened? You didn't like the food?"

"No no it's not like that..." I stuttered.

He stared at me then sighed. "Your breath stinks."

He walked past me and grabbed a spare toothbrush, holding it out to me. "Use whichever toothpaste you want. I'll wait in my room."

"Thank you." I whispered gratefully and took the toothbrush from him.

I quickly brushed my teeth and afterwards made my way back to Taeyong's room.

He glanced up from the book he was reading when I entered. 

He patted the bed and I sat next to him warily. 

"You okay?" he asked. Weird, it seemed as if he was genuinely concerned.

I nodded. "Yeah I just have a weak stomach."

He cocked his head to the side. "It seems more than just a weak stomach... are you bulimic?"

My lip trembled as I looked back at him, no one knew about this - not even my parents, why did Taeyong have to be the one to find out?!

"I guess so." I said eventually.

"If I may ask... why?"

Because of you, because of my father, because I hate myself.

"Just a habit."

He surprisingly pulled me into a hug. "I lost a friend to eating disorders. They can grow out of control if you don't handle them. Please look after yourself."

"Why are you being so nice?" I sat limply in his arms.

He pulled away and I saw a hint of vulnerability in his eyes. "You remind me of someone I used to know. We used to be best friends, we supported each other through thick and thin... until he disappeared."

His eyes darkened. "But you also remind me of someone I hate. You have the exact same physical features, but your personality is different."

"You bully me because I remind you of someone?" I asked with a hint of annoyance.

He nodded slowly then smirked. "And because it's fun watching your reaction."

"Jerk."