28 - celebrations

Doyoung's POV

A couple weeks later I was sat in front of my laptop staring at my exam results which had just been released. Taeyong had called me straight away to find out what I'd gotten.

"Congratulations!" Taeyong's voice shouted through the phone. "I'm so unbelievably proud of you baby."

I grinned. "It's all thanks to you."

"No, if you were actually dumb then you wouldn't have been able to do it. I said it at the start and I'll say it again, you faked being dumb just so that you could spend time with me."

"I told you that isn't true!" I laughed and shook my head. "I was being tutored by the school's top student and you managed to bring my grades up!"

"And now you're one of the top students too." he sighed. "My boyfriend is no longer a failing student."

"You sound disappointed."

"You've become one of my competitors, of course I'm disappointed." he laughed softly.

"Jerk!"

"I'm only joking Bunny, now we're kinda like a power couple."

"I guess so. Have you chosen where you're going for sixth form yet?" I asked him curiously.

"Yep, I'm staying at our school... I want to be with you."

I let a large grin take over my face, despite him not being able to see. "Cheesy fuck."

"Only for you~" he sang. "Let's celebrate! I want to go to the beach, we can invite our friends as well if you want?"

"Sounds perfect." I agreed and ended the call after finalising the details.

I quickly took a shower and put on my clothes and a tiny bit of make up because I know Taeyong likes it on me.

"Well done son." my father said as I made my way down the stairs to leave for the beach.

"I'm so proud of you honey." tears brimmed in my mother's eyes and she engulfed me in a hug before pulling away and holding me at arms length.

"Thank you." I smiled at my mother and nodded stiffly at my father.

"I misjudged you and your tutor." he grunted. "Be sure to give him my thanks too."

"Will do." I pulled on my shoes before opening the door and waving goodbye to my parents.

Half an hour later we were all crowded onto the nearby beach. There was hardly anyone around apart from a couple families and dog walkers.

"Let's play a game." Taeyong grinned around at us. "Choose a partner everyone! We're going to have couple races."

I had planted myself on Taeyong's back, my arms draped around his neck and his arms were holding up my legs at his waist. Yuta had obviously picked up Sicheng, Johnny picked up Ten, Donghyuck picked up Mark, Jaehyun picked up Jeno and Lucas picked up Kun.

"Ready?" Taeyong shouted, his legs bending slightly.

"Yes!" everyone chorused and copied Taeyong's pose.

"GO!" he yelled and immediately he began running with me bouncing on his back.

A shout behind us made me turn my head to see Kun sprawled out on the sand with Lucas doubling over in laughter.

"YOU TICKLED ME!" Lucas gasped out before extending a hand to a pissed off Kun.

"You're the worst partner ever!"