19 - jungwoo

Doyoung's POV

"What kind of time do you call this?!" my father yelled as soon as I got home. Doesn't he get tired of yelling?

I made a show of looking at the time on my phone before glancing up at him. "Almost 8:30pm?"

"Exactly... EXACTLY! Why do you spend so much time over at your tutor's house?" he paused. "Is that alcohol I smell on you?"

I gulped but maintained eye contact.

"I accidentally spilt some beer on myself from a can that his father had left out." I lied smoothly.

He shook his head in disbelief. "What kind of family are they?"

"A much nicer family than mine, that's for sure." I muttered.

"What did you say?" his eyes widened in shock.

"I said... A MUCH NICER FAMILY THAN MINE!" I yelled, not bothering to keep my cool. He'd had this coming for a long time.

"KIM DONGYOUNG! That boy must be a bad influence on you, giving you confidence to talk back to me!" his face was slowly turning red as his blood pressure rose.

"He may be a bad influence on me but at least he makes me feel confident. Being trapped in this house makes me feel weak and unwanted, and people at school used to treat me like crap because they could see I wouldn't fight back. But you know what?" I took a step closer to him threateningly. "I'm not going to put up with your shit any longer father. Either accept me as your teenage son who is going to fail at times and experiment at new things or kick me out, I dare you."

"BOYS!" my mother came rushing towards us with a glare on her face.

"That's quite enough Sunggyu." she looked at her husband with a disappointed expression. "He's a child for goodness sake, let him live."

I stared at her, not quite believing my ears. For once in her life she was actually standing up for me!

She softened her expression as she looked at me. "Doyoung, thank you for texting me and saying you'd be home late, also I'm glad you feel comfortable enough with your tutor to spend more time with him."

I smiled weakly at her.

My father's mouth had dropped wide open, as if he couldn't believe his ears either.

"Honey... you know he's not learning anything right? He's probably just going to his friend's house and messing around, he's too thick to understand simple maths."

"I AM LEARNING SOMETHING ACTUALLY." I shouted again in disbelief at his words. "Don't judge me too soon, you'll know by my grades at the end of the year if I've learnt something or not."

"This boy! The cheek-" he raised his hand but I grabbed his wrist to stop him from slapping me.

His mouth opened and closed like a fish as I glared at him.

"Is violence the only thing you can use against me? You're pathetic." I spat and roughly pushed his arm away from me.

I ran up the stairs before he could say anything else and slammed my door shut. I could hear my parents arguing downstairs but attempted to block out the sounds.

My phone beeped and I took it out of my pocket quickly, expecting it to be Taeyong.

Unknown Number:

I assume you saw me and Taeyong's sister earlier?

Me:

Is this Jaehyun?

Unknown Number:

Oh yeah oops I forgot to say who I was lol

I stole your number from Taeyong's phone

Me:

Okay? And yeah I saw you two... together

Jaehyun:

Don't tell Taeyong... he'll kill me.

Me:

Sure... as long as you can do something for me in return

Jaehyun:

Anything

Me:

Taeyong told me I reminded him of someone

Actually he said I reminded him of someone he hated and someone who disappeared?

You've been friends with him since you were kids right? You must know

Jaehyun:

Ah...

Me:

So can you tell me the history between Taeyong and those people?

Jaehyun:

I'll tell you but not over text, if Taeyong finds out I'm texting you, he'll probably go mental

Me:

I'm sure he'd go even more mental if he found out you're fucking his sister but ok

Jaehyun:

I know man

Meet me in the park near school tomorrow lunch time

Oh and by the way, it was only one person... who he hated and who also disappeared

His name was Jungwoo