25 - disastrous birthday

Doyoung's POV

As exams had finished, Taeyong and I decided to go on A LOT of dates, and I visited his house frequently. A few weeks after school had ended, it was Taeyong's birthday.

Today we had planned to visit a transport museum - at Taeyong's request, and an aquarium.

"Happy birthday Tae, my love." I wrapped my arms around him before pulling back and smashing my lips to his. I would have held that position for a long time but we were in public, so I decided to restrain myself. He had changed his hair colour from red to brown and was looking even more attractive than usual, if that was even possible.

The red had made him look dashing, confident and strong but the brown gave him a sort of soft innocence. I loved both colours but as I'd discovered over the past few months, innocent Taeyong was my weakness.

"Thank you Bunny." he grinned and took my hand in his. "Shall we go? I'm excited to be spending my birthday with my boyfriend."

I blushed slightly and rubbed my nose in embarrassment. "Of course."

We walked slowly around the museum, admiring the cars, planes and old trains. It was a lot more interesting than I'd first anticipated, I had to give it to Taeyong for having a good sense in places for dates.

I admired his face as he stared at a vintage airplane, his lips were open slightly - something he did when he was concentrating.

We went down to the basement for food after we were done looking at everything and I slapped away his wallet when he took it out to pay for the coffee and cake.

"Your birthday, my treat." I scolded him and turned to pay for it myself. I made him go get a table for us and joined him a few minutes later with the goods.

He giggled after I'd put a piece of cake into my mouth and I looked up at him with wide eyes.

He didn't say anything and instead leaned forward to lick the side of my mouth.

My eyes immediately went to check if anyone had seen what he'd just done before going back to his face.

"You had a bit of chocolate on your lips..." his body shook in laughter but his cheeks were tinted with a light pink.

"You could have told me instead of licking it off... actually you've just given me an idea for the bedroom." I smirked and watched as he blushed an even deeper pink.

We finished up eating and Taeyong rushed off to the toilet because, and I quote, 'I will probably pee myself before we even get to the aquarium.'

As I waited outside the toilets, a girl suddenly came up to me and hugged me. I tried to free myself but she was unfortunately stronger than me.

"Who are you?" I asked when I'd stopped struggling against her arms.

She rested her head against my chest. "I went to your school, my name is Yuri."

I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and turned my head to see Taeyong staring at us.

"Babe-" I began but his facial expression turned to rage. When I say rage I mean actual full blown red face and ears, pursed lips and squinted eyes.

"What's going on?" he snapped.

Yuri leaned upwards so that her mouth was level with my ear.

"I'll be waiting for you Doyoung, he doesn't deserve you. He's a delinquent." she whispered before running away.

I blinked and stared after her. Was she talking about Taeyong or had she mistaken him for someone else? Taeyong was most definitely not a delinquent, a jerk sure... but not a delinquent.

His hands had balled into fists and I stood frozen as he approached me with long angry strides.

"I said WHAT'S GOING ON? Who was that girl?" he was breathing heavily, his eyes swirling with emotions.

"I-"

He grabbed my arms and shook me harshly. "You know what? I don't want to know. I guess you've been cheating on me this entire time right?"

"No! I-"

"You've been planning this from the start haven't you? You hate me so much that you had to ruin my birthday." his voice broke at the end and he started crying.

"Taeyong I don't know her! Stop interrupting me so I can explain!" I begged him and hugged him tightly.

"She suddenly came out of nowhere and put her arms around me, I couldn't escape."

"Then how did she know your name? I heard what she whispered." he wiggled his way out of the hug and glared.

My heart dropped at the sight in front of me.

"Fuck you." he spat. "Congratulations on successfully making me fall for you, I didn't expect you'd be the sort of person to actually drop me at the end though."

I watched as a tear rolled down his cheek. "I won't give you the satisfaction of breaking up with me... if anyone asks, I broke up with you understand?"

"Tae-" I tried to explain but he turned and ran away.

"It was a misunderstanding..." I whispered and stood staring at his retreating back before realising I was crying. I slowly walked home in the pouring rain, ironic... or rather a perfect example of pathetic fallacy, as my English teacher would say.

I curled up into a ball on my bed and cried until I had a pounding headache. I stripped off my wet clothes and got under the covers, I decided to give him a day to calm down and then text him tomorrow.