Part 1

October 2011

I was looking at my phone, and I could hear the voices around me. My friends were talking about something that I didn't care, somewhat about this event. My best friend dragged me here because she had organized part of it and wanted some support. At first, I paid attention but after an hour I was feeling bored and tired. This kind of events wasn't my thing, and even less wearing this type of clothes. I love wearing comfortable jeans not tight dresses, they fit me well, though.

"Damn, he is so hot." I overhear one of my friends say but I kept watching my phone.

"Yes, right?" Another one said. "It's just me or he is looking over here?"

My curiosity won. I looked away from my phone to see who they were talking about. And in that instant my heart stopped, and I held my breath. A pair of blue eyes were looking at me. I felt in a kind of spell, as if those eyes could see through my soul, I was hypnotized. And if his eyes didn't have me captivated already, when he realized that I was staring at him too, he smiled. At that precise moment I fell into his trap.

I felt my cheeks burn as I looked down to his body. His arms were crossed on his chest, marking his biceps. His fishnet shirt let me glimpse his chiseled chest; then I imagined what it would be to run my hand through his arm passing his shoulder and traveling to his abs. With this idea I bit my lower lip.

"Earth to Sophie!" My best friend said. "Are you there?" I nodded still in the clouds. "Did you know that there is a man who is devouring you with his eyes?" God. My friends had noticed too.

"Yes. I was doing the same." I said, now I was sure that my cheeks were red like my dress.

"Maybe you should go and talk with him and..." she suggested.

"What? No way!" I replied immediately. I was going to look again in his direction but a voice beside me stopped me.

"Hello, ladies..." when I turned to look at this person I found the blue eyes man. Despite he said ladies, he was staring at me and when I looked at my friends they had moved away a little, leaving us alone.

Then I felt his left hand grabbing my right wrist and his fingers running through my hand while he raised it to his lips to place a gentle kiss there. That touch sent a shiver down my body. I had my eyes locked in his when he spoke again. "I'm Jared." The first thing I thought was that his voice was even as sexy as him.

"Sophia..." I managed to whisper. "Pleasure to meet you." He let go of my hand while I spoke.

"Oh, the pleasure is mine." He answered as he ran his hand through his hair. "I've seen you were having fun, haven't you?" he said pointing at my phone in my other hand and I blushed.

"I was bored because nothing interesting was happening here and I couldn't help myself." I shrugged.

"Well, I hope that right now something interesting is happening." He said licking his bottom lip and staring at me.

"Indeed." I made an attempt to store the phone on my purse, but he stopped my actions.

"Let me write down my number..." he grabbed it. "That way if you get bored again meanwhile we're here, you can talk with me." After saying that he winked. Then he gave me the phone back. I sent him a message right away, just so he would have my number too. "You're bored already?" He said laughing while looking at his phone.

"Yes, I just met someone very uninteresting, you know." I teased.

"Jared, Charlie needs you, he wants to make sure of that before everything starts." A girl interrupted our conversation. She seemed like an assistant and then I realized that in this event could be famous people – after all we were at the Paris fashion week – and he could be one, but I didn't know who he was.