Part 21

Sophia's POV:

"What are you humming?" I asked him after I had been all day hearing that melody slipping his lips.

Jared had been humming since he woke up and I have to say I genuinely loved this side of him. The grumpy Jared from yesterday was nowhere to be found. From him emerged a positive energy that surrounded you and made you feel gleeful.

Although today's routine was very similar to yesterday's, it was absolutely different.

Tonight the boys had a concert in Paris too, but this time they did not have interviews before the show and we used that time to get to know us a little bit more. And this time Shannon was more involved in the conversation, which made me believe that Jared's good mood was also affected by that fact. And if it was not because my body was still a little sore from that shag, I would swear that the last 24 hours would not have occurred.

Jared looked around us, we were standing in line to catch a plane, although almost all the row was from their team there were some strangers. Just after the concert we headed to the airport, since the following day they had another show and it was only a one hour's flight. Emma told me they preferred to fly at these hours to avoid crowded spaces and being recognized.

"It's a song I have been working on lately..." Jared said approaching his mouth to my ear after looking around. His tone was husky and instantly produced a shiver that ran through my entire body. After that, he stared at me with his piercing eyes, and I felt trapped in some kind of spell.

"A new song?" I naively asked raising my eyebrows with amazement

"A new song?" I naively asked raising my eyebrows with amazement. Jared simply nodded stroking my hair with his right hand as we moved forward in the line. "When I will be able to hear it?" I curiously added placing my hand over his right wrist and caressing over the jacket with my thumb where his glyphic tattoo was.

"Maybe someday..." I tilted my head lifting my eyebrows again, but this time questioningly. "I don't know... it's not even finished." Jared shrugged grabbing a lock of my long hair on his dainty fingers and twisting it between them.

"I don't care if isn't finished, I'd love to-"

"Monsieur, madame... can I have your passports and tickets, please?" The flight attendant spoke, and I was unable to finish what I wanted to say. We gave him what he asked for and then we started our way to the airplane.

Once we were there, I was struggling to put carry-on baggage on the cabin when I noticed Jared's gentle hands on both sides of my waist. He gallantly helped me by lifting my body a little bit. When he did it, his chest was pressed against my back, a sensation that I would never get tired of feeling.

"Thank you." I sing sang pressing slightly myself to him, almost forgetting where we were.

"My pleasure." He whispered in my ear leaving me on the floor again. "Let's take our seats." Jared added placing his hand on the small of my back and pointing at them with his other hand.

"Can I have the window seat? I've never been on a plane at night." I said innocently as Jared looked at me slightly surprised before answering.

"Really? Of course you can, beauty. You'll love it." He said in quiet amazement. After that we sat there waiting for the plane to take off while we had a small talk.

I was thrilled to see Paris at night from the sky, and even though we were still on land I kept looking out the window every few seconds. Aside of that I was a bit nervous because it had been a while since the last time I had flown; all that made me start fiddling with the hem of my sleeve's jacket.

Jared was about to say something but instead he chuckled shaking his head. "Sophia. Stop, will you? You're gonna unravel your jacket if you keep doing this." He gently placed his right hand over mine and then staring at me. "What's the matter?"

"Sorry, I'm nervous." I admitted nibbling my lower lip.

"Hold on." Jared instantly reached into his pocket with the other hand and offered me his earphones. "Put them on." I nodded doing what he told me. "Let me play some music for you, okay? You can close your eyes and relax while we take off."

"Yeah, that would be nice." I accepted at that moment without knowing that would eventually become our ritual everytime we had to fly together. "But I want to..."

"I know, I'll let you know when you can see Paris. Don't worry, beauty." Jared said placing a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay, thank you." I replied smiling as he started scrolling on his phone looking for a song, seconds later a familiar melody filled my ears. I gazed at Jared one last time before closing my eyes and he squeezed my hand in return.

Once I shut them, I paid attention to the song he picked closely. It was 'Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol and I always loved it. But now I was thinking that maybe he played because he wanted to express something with it? Could it mean he was afraid of express his feelings? He loved me? Or could mean he enjoyed our time together no matter what we did? Or perhaps I was giving too much thought to it and he just chose a song randomly. I decided to stop thinking and just relax myself with the music.

A couple of songs later, I felt Jared's palm on my nape and his thumb caressing gently my neck's skin, shortly after one earbud fell from my ear.

"Now..." He whispered.

I eagerly opened my eyes to find my city under us and couldn't help the gasp that escaped from my lips.

"Oh my god, woah." I murmured to myself. "The view is incredible Jared... All those lights are... so bright now that the town is surrounded by such darkness."

"Yeah, bright lights..." I overheard him mumbling, but the views amazed me and I didn't reply him. The hour's flight passed by quickly and the next thing I knew was that we were on the hotel room of the new city. It was pretty late, and we went straight to bed and I was looking forward to the next day, the energy of their concerts was addictive.

Author's note: Thank you for reading! 💕💕 And sorry for keeping you waiting between chapters, but I'm having trouble writing some parts even if I know what I wanna write, I hope you can understand me. Anyway, I would love to hear what you think about the chapter or the story in general, or if there is something you do not like I would like to know it too.