EPILOGUE

(8th July 2013)

Jared's POV:

"Jared, we need to talk..." Emma's kind voice was behind the bathroom door. "Can you open? Please." She said after knocking again.

"No." I yelled folding my arms.

"Don't be a child, Leto." Emma scolded me. I rolled my eyes before opening the door. She looked at me with an inquiring stare. "Why are you acting so weird lately?"

I refused to look at her as I confessed the reason of my behavior. "It's Sophia..." I shrugged.

"What's the matter?" She instantly asked placing a hand on my shoulder.

"We haven't had sex in a week." I murmured a bit ashamed.

"For God's sake, Jared. Are you serious right now?" I nodded.

"Yes, Sophia's been avoiding me for a week, she doesn't let me touch her..." I added closing my eyes and caressing my own forehead. "I don't know what's wrong."

"I'm sure you're just overreacting, drama queen." Emma tried to ease the situation using humor, but it didn't help, I was truly worried, and she was probably right: I was acting like a baby.

"I don't know... in these two years she never behaved like this last week." I mused aloud.

"I'm sure it's nothing, Jared. Now we need to go to the radio station, the band has an interview, remember?" Emma said patting my back.

"Maybe you're right." I replied. "Give me 5 minutes."

"Sorry, you just have 2 minutes. The car is waiting already." My friend Emma was already gone, now I was speaking with my personal assistant. "Where's Sophia? Is she coming?"

"Nope. We are in Paris. She wanted to see her friends today." I answered pouting and earning an eye roll from my friend.

"Ugh, don't be so needy and get your shit together. Everyone is waiting for you." Her words hurt me, and I was about to reply and start the fight again, but I bit my tongue. I run my hand through my long hair and came out the bathroom.

After that, the day went by quite quickly, I focused on the promotional interviews we had. And then I hung out with Tomo and Shannon in our favorite places of the city, which undoubtedly helped me stop thinking about my girlfriend for a few hours.

I was humming a song as I opened the door of our suite with the expectation of seeing my beautiful green-eyed girl after the day we spent away from each other, but instead I found a silent empty room. It was seven in the afternoon, she never told when she'd be back from meeting her friends, but I was getting impatient since I didn't hear about Sophia since noon.

Why was Sophia so distant lately? This question was hovering on my mind I couldn't stop thinking about it. I decided to take a quick shower to clear my head.

I took off my shirt over my head while I entered the bathroom. My reflection was standing right in front of me, and I admired myself in the mirror as I placed my hands on the counter. My hair was getting considerably long, the ends of my hair reached my collarbones already. I bent slightly forward to look closely at my beard, with my left hand I thoughtfully stroked my chin thinking whether to shave it or not.

I might've been so focused that I didn't hear Sophia arrive, because I was surprised when I felt her arms wrapping me from behind. Seconds later, her sensual lips kissed gently my left shoulder. "Don't shave it, I like it that way." She whispered in my ear, her sweet voice accelerated my heart race, or maybe it was the contact of my skin with her body.