Part 13

Sophia's POV:

It was past midnight and I haven't heard anything from Jared yet. He should be on his hotel by now and ready for that videocall he promised me. But instead I didn't know where he was or what he was doing.

His last message was from an hour and a half ago, telling me he had responsibilities to attend to before, and asking me to wait. I did not mind waiting a little, but almost two hours? Hell no!

The next morning, I had to wake up early to go to work, and I was going to regret having waited for him until 1 AM. I was getting up from the couch and I picking up the glass and the empty wine bottle I've drinking during the night to go towards to the kitchen when my doorbell rang.

That sound in the middle of my quiet apartment startled me and made me jump, instantly dropping the objects I was holding. The consequence was the glass breaking against the floor. "Fuck!" I mumbled. If my idea was to pretend that nobody was home, I could not do it anymore. Who would it be? I was not expecting anyone!

Looking thoughtfully at the floor around me, I grumbled. There were a lot of little crystal pieces on the ground and I was barefoot, wearing tights. Before I could take a step to get away from the crystals that surrounded me, the bell rang again. Seriously, who the fuck was? Rolling my eyes, I started heading stealthily to the door. But not without first grabbing my phone, what if I had to call the police? Living alone made me wary and even more if someone knocked in the middle of the night.

When I was about to reach the door, my mobile vibrated in my hand. A message. From Jared. Now he decided to reappear? His timing couldn't have been worse... "Are you awake?" Jared's text said. I ignored him. I was terrified and nervous with the unknown intruder outside the hallway to focus on him.

Once I was in front of the door, I approached my eye to the peephole. I shook my head when I saw the person on the other side. Placing my phone on the console table that was next to the entrance, I cautiously opened the door to find Jared. Was I dreaming?

My first reaction was to hit him with both hands on his chest; he had scared me half to death. Jared's hand wrapped my writs ending my weak attack. His touch on my skin made my mind processed everything, and my lips were slightly parted with evident surprise. What was he doing here?

I did not get a change to ask anything, the second my mouth opened to speak I felt his lips crashing against mine. My body reacted immediately, I pressed myself to him. While our eager lips were greeting each other, Jared had released my wrists and his hands were tightly grabbing my hips. My fits were grasping the collar lapel of his blazer. I was so lost in him that I did not notice Jared entering and closing the door until my back was pushed against the solid material.

Breaking the kiss, I looked at him. I was breathless and so was he. My adrenaline caused by the fear of a few minutes ago had turned into pure desire the moment Jared pressed his sensual lips against mine. And let me tell you that kiss was the most lustful kiss we ever shared. And I could see fire in his ocean eyes, a passion that was sending a shiver directly to my core.

"Are you really here?" I finally got the chance to ask. My voice was barely a whisper. Our foreheads were touching each other, and I brought my left hand to his cheek. I was not quite sure if this was real or I was just dreaming. Maybe all this was product of my imagination; I would have fallen asleep on the couch waiting for his call, since until Thursday I was not going to see Jared again. "Or I am dreaming?"

"Is this real enough for you?" He questioned before placing open-mouthed kisses over my neck. I inevitably let out a moan when Jared sucked my sensitive skin, and after a few seconds he whispered in my ear: "You'll have a prove this wasn't a dream." My mind was clouded with desire. I did not realize he just made me a hickey that I should hide the next day in work if I wanted to avoid the third degree from coworkers.

His lips were again against mine before I could say anything, Jared's tongue licked my lower lip and then pushed himself into my mouth, deepening our connection. At the same time, Jared was slipping his right knee between my legs and shoving them apart.

Not that I could spread my legs too much with that skirt, but enough to give him room to put his hand in my inner thigh. Jared wasted no time running up his fingers and reaching my center over my panties and tights. He cupped my pussy with his palm. "God, beauty... I can feel your wetness." Jared ended our passionate kiss to speak as he rubbed two digits through the fabric.

"Oh, my angel." I breathed out my nickname for him feeling that familiar electricity I had missed so much.

"Let me take a good look at you..." Jared said taking a step back. When his hands and his physique left my body, I felt a cold breeze embrace me. His warmth was one of the things that I missed the most.

Jared spent a few seconds analyzing me; he was completely silent and with a poker face. I was starting to feel like a deer in headlights, I could not read his emotions. Maybe I looked totally ridiculous with that outfit. The minute he told me this will suit me, I knew this was not my style at all. My insecurities were bubbling to the surface as the seconds passed by. I tear my eyes apart from him as I folded my arms desperately trying to hide what the transparent shirt showed.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jared's voice made my look again at him. Now his head was tilted to one side and he was raising his right eyebrow.

I felt that in the last ten minutes I had been on a roller coaster of feelings. First, anger at the belief that Jared had made me wait two hours for nothing; next I experienced fear, which quickly became unrestrained desire. And now my self-doubts were coming out; before I could answer his question, I noticed tears in my eyes. Besides, my mind was still processing the fact that Jared had come to Paris to see me for a few hours. Believe me, everything was too much. All these emotions had overwhelmed me, and my body reacted that way.

"Hey..." Jared immediately brought his gentle hands to my face, wiping the tears with his thumbs. "What's wrong, beauty?" He asked concerned staring at me.

"I... I am..." I tried to explain myself, but I had a lump in my throat. The only sound that came out was a sob. Knowing that Jared had come to my house and that I was crying made me feel worse. What should he be thinking about me?

"Shhh, breathe." Jared suggested as he carefully pulled me into a hug. He placed one his arms around my waist while with the hand of the other arm patted my hair. I had my head resting on his chest while I tried to control my breathing. My arms were still crossed, trapped between my body and his. I wanted to feel him pressed against me, for this reason I slowly moved them to wrap his waist.

His attentiveness made me realize I wanted Jared more that I had admitted to myself. Honestly, I was beginning to see him as boyfriend material. But a formal relationship with him I would be extremely complicated, and I was not sure if Jared desired the same.

After a few minutes, Jared spoke again. "Feelin' better now?" He whispered against my hair. I nodded raising my head to look at him, finding his ocean eyes.

"Yes, I'm sorry... I got a bit emotional..." I justified shaking my head feeling ashamed now.

"Don't be sorry." Jared said bringing the palm that was stroking my hair to my neck. "You wanna talk about it?"

"About what? That I feel embarrassed?" I started rambling. "We've been teasing each other tonight, and you came here just to have sex... and what I do when you pop up is cry?" I lowered my voice. "I'm sure right now you're regretting your decision. Wonderful." I whispered rolling my eyes.

"Whoa, hold on." His handtook my chin to force me to look at him. "I did not come just to have sex,Sophia." Jared's stern voice saying my name sent a shiver down my spine. "Okay,maybe that was my intention, because you look fucking gorgeous." Jared lickedhis rosy lips before continuing. "You have no idea what your picture did to me.But I sincerely care about you and don't think I want just your body. Am Ibeing clear?" With his grip on my jaw, I nodded the best I could. "Fine." Helet me go. "Now, tell me what upset you."