⚫Chapter 24⚫

Once we made it back to the house, I immediately called the others outside. "I am so excited!" I exclaimed as they all stepped out.

"Yeah, we can see that," Julian said with a chuckle. It was so fascinating every single time. To see a wolf knowing that they were a real person. Someone you speak to and interact with. "I want to try and guess who's who," I stated.

Elias chuckled. "What?" I asked him.

"Nothing," he responded.

"I mean it shouldn't be too hard...right?"

I looked over at Saphira, Nathan, and Lucian to see them all shrug their shoulders. "It all depends," Nathan responded.

Even though Indigo and Violet looked identical in their human form, that didn't mean their wolves would look the exact same. Moments later, both Saphira and Lucian shifted leaving Nathan and Elias standing next to me.

First Blaike's dark brown wolf came out. And beside him was a smaller wolf with silver-gray fur. "That's Neha!" I exclaimed with excitement as I turned to look at Elias for confirmation.

"Her wolf's name is Amara," he responded. I watched both Amara and Kasem cuddle into each other as they fooled around on the grass.

Moments later, a cream coated wolf trotted towards me with its wagging tail. "This has to be either Indigo or Violet."

As I reached out to touch its fur, another wolf coated with fawn fur trotted towards me. They were both relatively the same size, but so distinctly different.

"Alright, I think she's Violet," I stated while placing my left hand on the fawn one.

"And she's Indigo," I said before hesitantly placing my right hand on the cream wolf.

"Nah. That one is Indigo and the other is Violet," Elias responded.

"What are their names?"

"Violet's wolf's name is Luana and Indigo's is Esme," Saphira said. I tried my best to hug both wolves at the exact same time, but it was difficult. They were quite big.

"They're beautiful," I muttered as I stared at them with admiration.

"Ok, I don't think she'll get those three correct. There's no way she'll know who's who," Elias said.

"Oh ye of little faith," I sighed before looking at the last three wolves approaching me. They were obviously Jasper, Julian, and Raphael.

The one nearest to me was a medium brown colour. His warm brown eyes stared back at me. "This is Julian."

"Yup, his wolf's name is Gonzalo," Elias said.

"Hi Gonzalo," I said while combing my hand through his soft fur.

After acknowledging me, he joined Esme. They walked away from us and began playing with each other. "They're always at it," Elias said from behind. I chuckled while moving my gaze towards the last two wolves.

"Alright, I should be able to tell by the eyes," I muttered while walking towards the one on my left. His coated fur was a dark silver. I knelt down to take a closer look at its eyes seeing that they were a striking blue. "This is one is Jasper," I said while petting his head.

"And this one is Raphael," I added while petting the other wolf who had a unique pattern of white, brown, and black.

"Jasper's wolf's name is Estevao and Raphael's is Ivo," Elias states.

"All of their names are so beautiful," I sighed.

So, I stood there staring at my friends as they fooled around with each other. It was a sight that I was so grateful to see. I used to wonder what my life would've been like if I never showed up at my parents' doorstep. Would I have ever known about werewolves? Would I have still been turned into a vampire? All I know is that I probably wouldn't have met all these wonderful people.

I was glad that my parents chose this pack.

-

"Alright, are we all here?" Blaike asked as we all gathered together in our basement.

"Yup," Julian said.

"Ok, so as you all know, all of us are being sent to The Other Side," Blaike said. "We all have no idea what to expect, what will happen and who we will meet, but we must all promise this one thing. To have each others' backs no matter what."

We all agreed with Blaike. "Am I the only one who is scared?" Violet asked. "No, I'm scared too," Neha said.

"I think we all are," Jasper stated. "I mean it's natural for us to be scared. We've never been there before."

"Exactly," Julian responded. "But we all have each other, so we can all be scared together," he said with a chuckle. We all laughed at Julian's words.

"Just to add, can we all promise another thing?" Elias said after a while. I turned my gaze to my mate as he continued talking.

"Let's promise each other that we'll look out for Leilani. I know she's used to being different, but she knows us. Once we go to The Other Side, she'll meet many new people. We don't know if they will all be good over there. I mean they have a war right now. I will try my best to protect her, but if for whatever reason I am not around, please protect her."

Elias finally moved his gaze towards me. I smiled at him with gratitude. "Elias is right. We need to look out for Leilani," Nathan said. "Thanks, guys," I responded.

"Alright, let's go upstairs! I want food!" Julian exclaimed while getting up from the couch. "You always want food," Indigo responded.

As my friends left the basement, I remained still. I was deeply thinking about The Other Side. What if the werewolves over there hated vampires?

"You okay?" Elias asked me. I looked at him and smiled reassuringly. "Yes. I'm fine."