Chapter 24

Story By: Choco Lily

Story Assistant: Rozenbach

Editor: Draygan

** Disclaimer **
The characters in this novel are a work of fiction and are not based on real people other than their names!

Chapter 24

"Thank you for your help," Sunset said with a beaming smile. She was happy to be able to punt that perverted octopus! That octopus was the reason why cute mermen were hardly seen in public.

As Paul was Princess Ruri's pet, no one dared to harm it. Because of that, its ego swelled and it often terrorized people with its tentacles!

"We did not help at all," Rozenbach quickly denied before Tea Cake could say anything. He started to fear what his little maid would say to the little mermaid, for he could plainly see the dissatisfaction on Tea Cake's face! "You have done well, Sunset."

"Farewell." Sunset gave them a polite nod before swimming to where Princess Ruri and Paul were at. They exchanged a few words before dragging the limp octopus away.

Tea Cake's cat ears popped out and twitched when she caught sounds of footsteps approaching them.

"Concubine Rosaline." An older-looking maid appeared with more than ten maids behind her. They curtsied to Rozenbach respectfully, with their eyes looking to the ground, except for the older maid. "This servant is here on behalf of King Sigil and has been given the task of escorting Concubine Rosaline to try on the wedding dress."

Rozenbach's face immediately paled. Wedding dress?!

It seemed that Rozenbach had gotten a little too relaxed after being promised aid by Grand Tutor Etvo and Guan Zhong!

"Concubine Rosaline, please follow us."

Facing the entourage that had opened a path for him, Rozenbach could not bring himself to refuse. "Lead the way."

"What are you guys doing?" Tea Cake exclaimed when two maids stepped in front of her, blocking her from following Rozenbach.

"King Sigil has given orders that no one is to interrupt Concubine Rosaline's fitting."

"I am Miss Rozie's maid!"

"This is His Majesty's orders."

"Tea Cake, it's alright," Rozenbach quickly interrupted when he saw Tea Cake starting to get hostile. He swore her fingernails had lengthened into sharp ends.

"I can't do that Mistress! Tea Cake will follow you everywhere!"

"This younger sister, aren't you making too much of a fuss? We are just here to lead Concubine Rosaline to try on the wedding dress," said one of the maids that had blocked Tea Cake. However, her eyes seemed to be filled with mockery despite her polite tone.

Rozenbach, who could only see the back of the maid, missed what Tea Cake could see clearly.

"No way!" Tea Cake protested vehemently. She tried to push past the two maids that blocked her way, but unexpectedly, they did not even budge an inch. Instead, with just a shove from one of the maids, Tea Cake was easily pushed back a step.

"What?" Tea Cake was shocked. She could be considered as one of the strongest cat spirits in the kingdom and that was why Lady Rosaline had entrusted her with protecting Young Master Rozenbach.

Clenching her teeth, Tea Cake dashed forward, trying to run past them with her full speed. Suddenly, a large snake tail appeared from under one of the maid's dress and would have hit her if she had not dodged in time! The sight of the large snake tail that had smashed into the ground with such force that huge cracks were formed was enough to frighten Rozenbach.