Chapter 16

LAILA'S POV

"What do you think you were doing? " I asked him. His face was set hard .. His eyes so intense and anger in them could burn someone.

"How dare they.. Behave like that with you" He growl. I scrunch my eyebrows..

"I could have handled it!! Beside I know how to handle this type of people" I told him.

He stook a step towards me.. "You don't need to tolerate such people, and what do you mean you know how to handle??...did any one else behaved with you like this before" he asked in dangerous voice which made me flinch back.

He's eyes widen and then soften a bit, but i knew he was still angry seeing his Jaws clenched.

"I was a waitress back before i came here.. So i know how to handle.. Ok.. Now let me make their order" i told him.. And i begin to work ignoring his presence..

After i finished i was above to pick up the tray and go out, but Nicolas stopped me.

"I not allowing to go out, stay here ill go and give this" he said taking the tray from me.. Almost snatching it.

I glared at him.. And before i could had a chance to say anything he walked out.

What it is with him.. Ordering me around..

And the most strange thing was i was actually agreeing to him.

What is wrong with me.

He came back with sore face.

"Are you not getting late for your work" I asked him. When i didn't get any reply i turned around to look at him.

He was breathing deeply,his eye's shut close as if to control his angry.. I step towards him and put my hand on his arm.

His eyes snapped open.. Dark black.. Not the usual brown. Which made me step back from him but before I could withdraw my hand he capture it with his large one.

He looked away and blinked few times and then again looked back at me.. And I was surprised yet again when his eye's returned to their original color.

"Ho... How??.. Can your eyes cha... Change.. Color??" I asked him my voice trembling.

He's eyes widen.. And he open his mouth to say something, but then again close it.

He blink few more times and then cleared his throat "It's due to light.." He said.. But i was least convinced.. He was lying for sure..

I opened my mouth to tell him that i do not believe him.. But. He again started to speak.

"And about my office.. I am the owner I can go whenever I want" he said changing the Topic

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What work you do actually?" I asked him.

He let go of my hand.. And i instantly felt the loss of tingles and warmth.. Which I had ignored up still now.

"Ever heard of KINGS. INC" He said.. And I immediately remembered that name..

"Yes!! Its a multinational company dealing in almost every sector from food, clothing, metal.. Hospital, hotel's, construction." I said.

"And KINGS. INC is the parent company under which everything runs" I told him..

I know all this because I read newspaper.... This way i could at least learn about current affairs.

"Yes!! I am the owner of it" He said..

My breath was stuck.. For a minute I thought i heard something wrong..

"Are you joking?" I asked him after the stock had passed.