TWELVE; OLLIVANDER TO THE RESCUE

─── GARRICK WELCOMED TYNE INSIDE THE WAND SHOP or rather, he hurried her inside to escape the cold weather

─── GARRICK WELCOMED TYNE INSIDE THE WAND SHOP or rather, he hurried her inside to escape the cold weather. Without her even saying one word to him, Tyne found herself in the wand shop and seconds later, a blanket was wrapped around her shoulders to keep her warm. He mentioned something about pouring her a warm beverage before she became sick, still not even questioning as to why she had shown up at his shop before the sun was even up. A chair pulled up, offering her a place to sit and when Garrick returned, he carefully walked in with a cup to tea, holding it out to her.

"This is all really kind of you, Mr-...I mean, Garrick," she corrected herself, watching as the smile formed on his face, " but really, you don't have to do all of this for me."

"Well, it's already been done," Garrick reminded her, " but it's really not a problem. I just wanted to make sure that you're alright. How long were you standing out there knocking before I answered?"

Tyne settled the teacup in her hands, appreciating the warmth as she peered up at him. "I only managed to knock twice or so before you opened the door. I actually wasn't waiting long at all."

He visibly sighed in relief before telling her that there had been many times where he had become so involved in his work that he didn't hear people enter the shop or knock at the door. Which often led to disgruntled customers that had plenty to say when he did finally show his face. But Tyne reassured him that there was no problem and she was more than thankful that he had answered at the ungodly hour.

She pulled the blanket tighter around her shoulders as he pulled up a chair for himself, concern washing over his face as his brows knitted together. As kind and sweet as Garrick was being to her, Tyne still felt guilty about coming to him because the hardly knew each other. Here she was about to unleash all of her troubles onto him and Garrick seemed so unsuspecting. He folded his hands in his lap, showing that he was patiently waiting for her to actually explain why she was there.

But the longer she remained silent, Garrick had a feeling that he was going to have to prompt her in order to get a response.

"Are you in some kind of trouble, Tyne?" he asked in a gentle tone as he leaned forward in his chair. "Are you alright?"

As much as she just wanted to lie and tell him that she was fine, Tyne found herself shaking her head. She couldn't lie anymore, at least, not to herself. The amount of pain she was carrying and not being able to tell anyone why she was hurting had taken too much of a toll on her. So many things were happening at one time that she found herself falling behind and she was so afraid of finding herself in the darkness again. As her head shook from side to side, Garrick watched as her hands and lower lip trembled violently.

Tyne was fighting back tears with all of her strength, but it wasn't enough as the first sob broke. In response, the teacup fell from her hands and shattered to the floor. Similar to her response in Theseus' home when she had merely spilt water, Tyne entered a state of panic, trying so desperately to clean the mess up before Garrick said anything. For a moment, Garrick could only watch in horror at how panic-stricken Tyne had become over something so miniscule. A broken teacup was nothing that couldn't be fixed.