FIFTEEN; CIRCUS ARCANUS

───TYNE FELT COMPLETELY NUMB, as she was carried over Actaeon's shoulder, she couldn't believe that she had allowed herself to become so easily captured

───TYNE FELT COMPLETELY NUMB, as she was carried over Actaeon's shoulder, she couldn't believe that she had allowed herself to become so easily captured. She thought she had been more than ready to confront her past and fight for her freedom, but all she had done was basically walk herself back into the same trap that had kept her for so long. With a taste of freedom still lingering on her tongue, it was all beginning to fade as she started to feel completely helpless. And all she could do was call herself foolish for allowing it to happen. There had been multiple people, willing to help her and Tyne had fooled herself into believing that she could handle it all on her own.

Unable to scream or call for her, Tyne couldn't even squirm about in Actaeon's hold, leaving her to just become limp in defeat. The only thing she had control over was her tears, so she allowed them to fall. Each tear was a silent plea or a cry for help, begging that someone would spot them and she would be given a second chance. She would take being damaged, she would take being a mess, just as long as she didn't have to suffer under Circus Arcanus anymore. And as if Actaeon wanted to mock her by carrying her through the streets, he was trying to show her just how powerless she was.

As soon as someone spotted them, Tyne was sure that he would just disapparate, making it even worse. He loved how proving weak Tyne was, he had made that more than clear over the years after he forcibly made Tyne his wife. He had taunted her when she had just been a mere, frightened child and due to that, he had created a broken woman who had nearly given up hope on everything. Before Skender had taken her and her mother away from their home, he told her that he needed to break her spirit, and between him and Actaeon, they had succeeded for so long.

They knew what buttons to push, they knew how to make Tyne feel worthless, and they knew exactly what made her hurt. What satisfaction it brought them, Tyne never understood, she only took it as something sick and twisted. There were countless creatures outside of Tyne and her mother, taken against their will and forced to work under the circus name. They were always told that if they did not perform up to standards, there would always be consequences. For Tyne, she suffered the worst consequences of them all, enough that she wished death upon herself too many times to count.

And yet, when she found herself back in the arms of Theseus, who promised that he was going to take care of her, for those moments, she forgot about all the dark things that had happened to her. She could see herself with a future again. When she was in the company of Garrick, she thought that she wasn't completely hopeless, she wasn't that broken enough that she could still make friends. Tyne had so many positives going for her, a second chance, a new wand, a place to stay and she threw it all away.

She wanted to claim that it was because she had unfinished business, but in reality, it was the little spurt of strength that led her to want revenge against those that had done her wrong. Nothing would have given her more pleasure than to see those who had hurt her and her mother, suffer to the point where they would be begging for death. That's what they had done to Nineve, the things they had done to her, and what they had done to Tyne, had them begging for death, and only Nineve had been "granted the luxury" as Skender put it.