THIRTEEN; LETA'S ADVICE

───LETA COULD NO LONGER IGNORE THE THOUGHTS SWIMMING IN HER MIND

───LETA COULD NO LONGER IGNORE THE THOUGHTS SWIMMING IN HER MIND. Since the arrival of Tyne only just a couple of days prior, it seemed everything had changed. But it wasn't only Tyne's return, it was the fact that she had seen Newt as well that led Leta to question everything that had been taking place in the recent months. Marriage seemed to be the one thing she had been looking forward to, casting the Lestrange surname to the side to uphold the new Scamander title. To others, perhaps they didn't see it as a big deal, but it would just mean that she was taking one step further away from a past that she wanted to forget.

But then Tyne arrived out of the clear blue, a woman traumatised by her own past that she did not speak of. For a few moments, Leta had lost herself, wanting to know Tyne's story completely before allowing the woman into Theseus' home, however, she came to terms with how hypocritical it was of her to hold another woman to such a standard. Even Leta still held her own secrets and here she was nearly demanding Tyne expose her past.

And yet, while Tyne and Theseus shared an obvious past together, it was clear that Tyne did not want to intrude on their lives. It only led Leta to feel guilt as Tyne seemed to be in need of Theseus and if she didn't know any better, it seemed Theseus was in need of Tyne. It was hard to ignore the way the two looked at each other, both of them with a history that even years apart could not erase. Just a couple of days in the company of each other and Leta was able to witness a vulnerable side that Theseus had never once exposed before.

She only knew limited facts pertaining to Tyne's story, some of which she learned through Theseus, other things she remembered Newt telling her when they were children. How close Theseus and Tyne had been, to the point where Theseus couldn't bring himself to stop talking about the girl in their home over the holidays and summers, even if Newt and their mother begged him to stop. And then there was the time after Tyne had gone missing and Theseus seemed to change overnight. 

He buried himself in his academics, which wouldn't have come across as problematic initially, but it was all he would do. He would focus on school all the time, never giving himself a break. Newt had once spoken about how worried their mother was about Theseus, proud of his accomplishments, but worried as he continued to push himself. He separated himself further from his family, making his academics and work a priority above all things.

Newt understood why he did it, even if he didn't agree with it. The Scamander brothers lost touch with their previous relationship and in comparison to Theseus' accomplishments, Newt didn't hold much to his older brother in the eyes of their mother. Theseus had been able to do so much in his younger years, but he had missed out on living as well. Over thirty and when he finally lifted his head up from his work, he realised he was alone.

And Leta had felt the same, losing so much and finding herself alone, it was like the two had only come together for the sake of not wanting to be alone anymore. They both cherished their relationship with Newt differently, but different actions had caused Newt to move away from them. It was foolish to think that getting together would bring Newt back and that it would fill the void of what they both felt was missing from their life.