SIXTEEN; THE BIG FREEZE

───THE WATER OF THE TANK WAS COLD ENOUGH TO STOP TIME as Tyne found herself submerged against her will

───THE WATER OF THE TANK WAS COLD ENOUGH TO STOP TIME as Tyne found herself submerged against her will. Stripped of her clothing to add further humiliation, she was dragged through the camp of the circus by Actaeon himself. He showed no mercy to his wife as he had a firm grip of her hair and pulled her along. The other members of the circus all looked on with fear and pity on their faces, thankful that it wasn't them but fearful that Tyne would not survive. It was clear that she had gone to a point of no return and it didn't matter if she was still Actaeon's wife or not, she was as good as dead to him.

Tyne did attempt to fight though, wriggling her body as hard as she could, dragging her feet against the ground, but nothing worked to delay the time. Actaeon was by far stronger than she was and reminded her every inch of the way to the tank. As they came to stand before it, he dropped her to the ground, taking it upon himself to give her a swift but strong kick to the stomach. Immediately, all air escaped her lungs to the point where she gasped violently for any bit of air.

But before she knew it, Actaeon lifted her up and tossed her right into the tank. She wanted to scream as soon as the water touched her skin, the opposite feeling of being set on fire, but causing every bit of the same panic from the experience. There was little to no time to react as her body sunk under the force and her bottom hit the glass. But it was the shock that caused her to react quickly, kicking off the bottom of the tank, to reach the surface.

She was already shivering as she took her first breath at the surface, just as Actaeon closed the bars over the top, sealing her in. Her hands gripped around the iron bars, attempting to pull herself out, but there was nowhere to go. The water was up to her neck and she could only keep herself above it by holding onto the bars. Without her seal skin, she could not venture under and wait long periods of time or sustain the cold temperatures. 

"Skender has no use for you if you don't have your coat," Actaeon said, " without it, you might as well be dead. So you can either save yourself, sweetheart, or find yourself counting down the moments where you have to let go. Your choice."

"How can you do this to me?!" Tyne called out to him. "After everything you've put me through, how can the two of you just keep doing this to me? Haven't I been through enough, why not just kill me and be done with it? You had no problem doing it to my mother!"

"Your mother made the wrong decision multiple times, she got what she deserved!"

No matter how cold the water was, it didn't stop the fire that sparked in Tyne's chest when Actaeon had the nerve to put any sort of blame on her mother. She took a mouthful of the water and spit it over the top, hoping that even just a drop would come to fall on the bastard.

"My mother deserved so much better!" she screamed. "She deserved better than my poor excuse of a father, he took her against her will, and you and Skender are no different. We were not property to be sold, my mother was a person, I'm a person. I was a child! But that didn't bother you at all, did it? It didn't bother you that I wasn't of age and yet you made me marry you against my will, you even made me carry your child before you...before you..."