S E V E N

You smile at the scene in front of you.

Ezra was laying on the couch, snuggled in his blankets and cuddled up with his stuffed plushies. The inhaler the doctor prescribed lays on the coffee table along with his water bottle and his half-eaten lunch. His movie is playing lowly in the background, the brightly colored animations dancing across the screen.

Now the boy is on his feet, so contrary to his lethargic position before, and is jumping up into his father's arms and holding on tight.

Both Harrison and Tom made it back for the weekend to see Ezra post-anaphylaxis reaction. You can see how stressed Tom has been; he showed up in a very lazy outfit, his eyes looked so tired but lit up when they landed on his child, even his hair is a mess.

You walk over to the front door where they threw their backpacks down and move them so they're out of the way. The familiar thudding of Tessa's paws pound against the floor as she rushes in to greet Tom and Harrison.

Tom eventually is sprawled out on the couch with Ezra on top of him, and he even lets Tessa up and lets her cuddle close as well. Somehow, you find yourself in the kitchen with Harrison, both of you silently cleaning up a bit.

Until it isn't silent.

"You alright?" Harrison asks, glancing over at you with concern in his ocean colored eyes.

You continue to scrub at a plate, "I'm fine."

You blink and suddenly Harrison's hand is on top of yours, stopping your scrubbing, and it's then that you notice your scrubbing was beginning to rub off the design on the plate. The water runs in the background, pooling near the sink's drain carrying a million soapy bubbles with it. Slowly, you crane your neck up and over so you're looking at him.

"You need to get better at lying Y/N," he says softly.

"But...I'm fine I—" You begin to protest.

"Hmm, alright, well I don't believe you," Harrison interjects, "so do you want to explain to me what's going on?"

You carefully set the plate and the sponge into the sink, using the nearby tea towel to wipe at your hands. All the things that have been rolling through your head since the peanut incident come back up, and for the first time in days you have someone in front of you asking you to put it on the table. With shaky hands you fold the tea towel back up and drape it over the oven handle.

"I didn't do my job," you say softly, leaning back against the counter, "and it really hurt Ezra, it scared everyone, and I probably really messed up the filming schedule."

"Firstly, don't give a fuck about the filming schedule, they just bumped up scenes Tom isn't in for filming. Secondly, yeah, we were all scared and Ezra had to go through that, but from what you and his parents have said about it...you had no control over what happened," Harrison says.

"But I should have had control Haz," you sigh, "I'm being paid to be in control, to be the adult, and to keep him safe."

It's with that that Harrison suddenly gets what you're saying. Tom is so protective over Ezra, he'll do anything and everything to make sure his son is okay, even if that means finding someone who can do that for him when he's not around.

"He's not going to fire you, trust me mate, he wouldn't," Harrison says quietly, almost rushed.

You scoff and roll your eyes, "I wouldn't be so sure. He's been very short with me since the E.R visit."

"He's a fuckin' Gemini Y/N, when he's angry he does that silent broody shit before exploding. I hope he doesn't explode at you, but he'll get over it eventually," Harrison rambles.