E L E V E N

There is no alarm.

Ezra isn't climbing you like a tree.

For the first time in a long time you wake up to your head pounding like a drum, your eyes too heavy to open and even if you wanted to you can already tell its way too bright outside to do that. Still, you're overheated and sticky, so you force them open despite how oversaturated the bright world is in this moment.

The first thing you see is familiar bed sheets that aren't yours. Your mouth goes drier than it already is as you look to your left, where Tom has his face smashed against his pillow a few inches away from you, snoring into oblivion. There is a bit of drool on the corner of his lip, his stupid eyebrow is sticking up, his hair is matted and disgusting, and he's naked.

You hate that you find it so attractive.

Anxiety bubbles in your chest as you slowly sit up, taking in the fact you're naked too. Your neck feels like it's been punched seven times in a row, and your hips ache a bit. You scrub a hand down your face, trying to stay calm and rational about this.

Both of you, albeit drunk at the time, are legal adults who consented to sex.

Except Tom's your boss and you adore his son and you can't do that.

Quickly but calmly you get to your feet shakily, hating how the world spins and you clutch the side table to stop from falling over. Gaining your barrings you grab your clothes, remaining naked as you rush to your own room, mindful that Tom is still sleeping.

Once in your room you throw on pajamas, hands shaking and vision swarming.

Phone in hand, you run to the bathroom across the hall, and your knees protest as they slam against the flooring. You can't find it in yourself to care as you throw up the contents of your stomach, stomach lurching when you dry heave on nothing. Gasping for breath you check the time on your phone, letting out small little whine when you see how late in the day it is.

With bleary eyes you fumble through your contact list until you find the one you want before calling it, pressing the phone to your ear. It rings a few times before you finally get a response.

"'Ello?"

"Harrison," you wheeze, trying not to gag again.

There is a crash from the other end, "shit...you never call me Harrison. What's wrong Y/N?"

"I...fuck, we were supposed to go pick up Ezra right now but I'm currently vomiting my brains out and Tom is passed out and I...and we—" you ramble, breathing getting harder and harder.

"Okay, okay, it's alright. I can go get him and bring him home, no problem. Just breathe for me," Harrison soothes, pausing before asking, "did you and Tom...?"

You inhale sharply, tears finally falling as you give a broken drawn out, "yeah."

There is a soft string of curses on the other end before, "finish in the bathroom. Get a glass of water. Lay down. Don't bother with Tom right now, alright? I'll be there as soon as I get Ez."

"Okay," you sniffle, "thank you Haz."

"Don't mention it."

The line goes dead and you sit there, trying to gather enough strength to get up and do as Harrison said. After a few minutes you stumble to the kitchen, sipping on a glass of water, holding it down pretty good. You manage the couch after a while, sitting hunched over with your head in your hands, trying to keep calm while you wait. Wait for Harrison and Ezra to show up. Wait for Tom to inevitably wake up. Tessa paws at your leg and you look down at her adorable face and can't help it as you pet her lovingly.