T W E N T Y

"Up! Up! Up!"

You groan burying yourself deeper into the overpriced shitty air mattress. Beside you Tom makes an unhappy sound but pulls a figure between you both. Then, out of your sleepy haze, realize it is Christmas morning.

Lifting your head, you see Ezra with the biggest grin on his face, excitedly eyeing the presents beneath the tree. It's only a few of his, most of them along with the other familial gifts are already at the Holland's house waiting to be opened later this morning. You sit up with a quick stretch, pointing at the tree with an over exaggerated gasp.

"Ezra...how...how did those get there?" You ask.

The boy sits up with an excited shriek of sorts, "Santa!"

"He broke into the house?"

"No," Ezra huffs and crawls over you and Tom to get off the bed, toddling over to the fireplace that is used for more decor purposes than anything else, "from here!"

Tom laughs, "(Y/N) is just being silly."

"Silly (Y/N)!" Ezra parrots and jumps back up onto the mattress.

You watch as the boy curls up in his father's lap, both of them sporting a gnarly case of bedhead. Ezra is currently wearing his winter pajamas, these ones detailed to be one of Santa's elves...because Tom and Harrison together make cheesy stupid decisions, but you secretly find it adorable. A wave of warmth floods you, like it continues to do more and more these days, and you can't keep the smile off your face.

Leaning in close you cup his little cheek, getting his toothy smile in return.

"I am very silly," you agree, closing the gap and pressing a kiss to the top of his head.

Tom's arm snakes around your waist, his hand grasping your side firmly. He's always touchy feely the morning after a few too many drinks, and Christmas Eve was definitely a little too fun. Especially considering Christmas Day means even more drinking—hopefully not for you and Tom, because there is Ezra you have to think about and all of the other party goers are going to be plenty drunk.

You hear a door crack open from the hallway and you sit up straighter and look behind you, watching as your father and mother sleepily waltz in, giving the three of you a yawned 'Merry Christmas'.

The next chain of events happens quickly. The bedding is folded neatly on the couch and the mattress is deflated for the day. Everyone settles for a quick piece of toast paired with some coffee, tea, or water. Josephine comes out, barely awake enough to catch Ezra as he runs over asking to be held. However, sometime later the six of you are huddled by the tree where Ezra's gifts sit waiting patiently to be opened.

"Okay bug," Tom says, holding up his phone to record, "go ahead and start opening presents."

Ezra climbs off Josephine's lap and scurries to the tree, grabbing at the largest present available. You sit criss cross on the hardwood flooring, within the camera frame Tom is filming at the moment, all of you watching as Ezra excitedly starts to rip at wrapping paper...

..."You missed a spot."

You flinch when a thumb boops your nose, freezing when something is left on even when the thumb leaves. Going cross eyed, you struggle to look at whatever the hell is on your nose. Finally focusing on it you see a piece of tape stuck to your skin. Slowly you lift your hand and take it off, glancing over to Tom who is trying and failing to hide his laughter.

The two of you are on the bed; Ezra's gifts, wrapping paper, and bows scattered everywhere.

"Oh really?" You ask with a smirk, setting the present you'd been wrapping beside you.