F I F T E E N

"I want it!"

You look up from the book you have in your hands, glancing over to Ezra who is pointing at a stuffed orca whale plush. You're currently in the only little shop of the Juneau International Airport, watching over Ezra as Tom heads to the bathroom.

You set the book back on its rack before walking over to the little boy, bending down to his level to look at the plushie. The second you're kneeling beside him the boy latches on, leaning into you as his hand grabs at your puffy coat sleeve.

"What would you name the whale?" You ask.

Ezra bites his lower lip in thought, "Sprinkles!"

You can't stop the bright smile from crossing your face, and before you know it you're leaning in and pressing a kiss to Ezra's forehead. It's when you kiss half head and half hair that you realize he probably needs a haircut either in New York or back in London.

"Go ahead and grab one," you say and point to the whales.

Ezra lurches forward and grabs Sprinkles, holding the whale tight with a gleeful look on his chubby face.

Standing back up you grab a few more things for the flight; gum, water, some crackers and pretzels. You even grab a Juneau themed keychain for Harrison because he's the type of idiot who'd love that tchotchke shit. By the time you and Ezra are back at the gate for the flight—the first of four flights; here to Seattle, then to L.A, and then finally to New York—Tom has yet to return from the bathroom.

"Y/N look," Ezra says, standing in his seat, holding up Sprinkles, "she flies!"

With that the boy tosses the orca to the ground, giggling as he rushes to pick the plushie up. The two of you take turns making Sprinkles "fly" for a bit but stop when you catch sight of Tom walking over. He looks incredibly soft in his sweats and jacket, but more importantly he's holding two cups and extending one out to you.

"Thought you could use some," Tom says tiredly before taking a seat beside you.

You sip at the drink, feeling warm inside knowing he remembers your favorite drink. With a yawn of your own you sink into your seat a bit further, knowing to wait until the plane ride to sleep. Earlier this morning, the three of you had said goodbye to your parent's house. Josephine was particularly upset at the fact the three of you had to leave.

You promised to fly back or fly her out within the coming months, and it seemed to soothe her.

Your father had drove the three of you to the airport, already having to go to town for some work things anyways. A part of you was overjoyed to see your father scoop up Ezra and give him a big goodbye squeeze. When he hugged Tom, you couldn't help but relax; because a hug from your father meant approval and that means the world to you.

It's bittersweet to leave, especially after being gone for so long.

"Lost in thought?" Tom prods.

"Hmm? No, I'm just a bit tired," you say and look up at Tom.

His soft brown eyes are just that...so soft.

Tom's arm twitches a bit and you stiffen, because you know what he wants to do. You frown as you shake your head, sitting up a bit straighter. As much as you want to curl into his warmth as his arm drapes over your shoulders, he's already getting enough slick-but-not-so-slick photos being taken. Neither of you are ready to have this out yet.

Whatever this ends up being.

"Flight 06A to Seattle, Washington will begin boarding. Any passengers with an A-1 on their tickets please begin to line up."