T W E N T Y T H R E E

It's a nice day.

It's sunny, warm, and yet there is a cooling breeze to make it near perfect. You decided both you and Ezra needed to get out of the house—Tom's busy with a work outing in downtown London for the day, so it's just the two of you.

The nearby park is alive with people and animals. Birds chitter and swoop into nearby trees. People of all ages are enjoying the way through workouts, playing, or simply hanging out. The same goes for you and Ezra. For quite a while he'd been playing on the play structure with the other kiddos, and you've kept a hawk-like eye on him...

..."What do you do if another kid offers you a treat?"

Ezra frowns, remembering vividly the last time he did that, "don't eat it."

"And why do we do that?" You ask.

"Because of peanut butter," Ezra says confidently...

...You and him are now in the safety of the shade, sitting on the blanket you brought from home. Much like Tom, Ezra can quickly and easily roast alive in the sun; therefore, you're slathering him in a second round of sunscreen. Of course, the boy protests to it, but you demand it be done. You'd rather some whining now over constant complaining about burnt skin.

"I'm hungry, can I have a snack?" Ezra asks after you finish rubbing in all the sun screen.

"Sure," you nod and pop open the small cooler you brought, "how about your sandwich and some veggie sticks?"

"Fruit snacks too?" Ezra asks.

You pause and give him a look. Much to your surprise he gives you a look in return, and it makes you laugh a little.

"Fine," you relent, "but I want to see most of your veggie sticks gone please."

"Okay, I will," Ezra agrees and plops onto the blanket beside you.

While he starts tearing into his food you get his water bottle out as well, handing it to him which he takes and sips at for a moment. You've barely got your hands on your own sandwich when you watch a figure from the corner of your eye approach.

Looking up and over you watch as a woman stops at the edge of the blanket, her bare feet with a pretty manicure pausing while still in the soft blades of grass. She's got on a pair of comfy looking jeans and a soft tank top on. Jewelry is loaded up on her fingers, wrists, and neck in a tasteful manor.

She takes her sunglasses off her face to expose her eyes, popping them on top of her head. Her long dark hair frames her face, lowing freely in the breeze. You note her large sketchbook one of her hands, and what looks to be a pencil case in the other.

"Hi," she starts with, and you immediately notice her accent, "I know this is kind of weird—"

"Only if you make it weird," you say softly, assuming she's a fan.

The woman chuckles, nodding along to your statement, "I guess you're right. I'll get to it then—I'm going to art school here in London and I need to finish my submission portfolio for an exhibition. I need two more sketches and I thought I might ask...?"

"You want to draw us?" You ask.

"Yes, of course I'll credit with your names, or initials if you prefer, and keep it super professional," the woman elaborates.

Beside you, Ezra has gone silent, although you see him eyeing the woman's sketch pad. Obviously, the woman picks up on the boy's curious gaze and she bends down and opens the book. She flips through various pages before finding the one she wants and flips it over to show the contents.