Miscarriage (g.l.)

tw: miscarriages, loss of a child

You felt pain rise in your lower abdomen as you laid your head into the hospital bed you were on. You were rolling down hallway after hallway, Gwilym by your side and nurses and doctors at your head. You couldn't make out anything they were saying.

You groaned as your lower abdomen was in horrible pain. This couldn't be happening. You were not about to lose your baby...

•Flashback•
•30 minutes ago•

You screamed at your friend...well ex friend. Your friend Matt had been lying and you just found out. You were in your driveway, Matt in front of you and Gwilym behind you.

Next thing you know you were on the floor. Staring at the sky. Matt has pushed you down in a moment of anger. You felt a puddle of liquid and Gwilym quickly picked you up. You looked down. It was blood. Pooling where your groin had been.

Then you were in an ambulance. With Your husband and a crew of health care workers by your side.

•••

After the doctors ran some tests, you were in a room, Gwilym by your side holding your hand tightly. Tears streaming down both of your faces as Rami and Joe rushed into the room. Rami sat on your bed, holding your other hand and Joe pacing at the foot of the bed.

When the doctors came in, he asked everyone who wasn't family to leave so Joe and Rami walked out. Then he said it...The words you never wanted to hear. Your baby was gone. This stranger just told you your baby died. The impact was enough to break the sack.

You couldn't help yourself, you cried out, and Gwil embraced you and you wept into his chest. Once the doctor left the two men who had been patiently waiting out side rushed in. Rami and Joe did everything to comfort you and Gwil. But nothing was helping. Nothing was going to change the fact that your baby was gone.

Your life was changed.

Forever.