6.

Her trembling eyes couldn't face the image presented ahead on the glass reflection. There were to many things wrong. The bruises concealed under the layered makeup, the pink eyes of hers stained from tears, and the utter disgust that played across her face. The girl couldn't bare to face herself and the effects of her actions. This never would of happened if she did her part and came here to fix herself. Maybe her uncle was right, maybe god did look down on her in such disappointment and pity. Now with the settling words that hurt the organ hidden behind her ribs, the girl faced away from the bathroom mirror. Delicately, her hands pushed the small buttons through the open slits of her collared uniform. Eversince she arose from the cold bed to find Marceline gone, Bonnibel had been spending her time preparing for therapy prep. She was only informed by her house leader this very day that sundays were dedicated to therapy prep. A church lesson mixed in with therapy council to start converting the students. Nothing but a few students per teacher and some bible verses about sin and further more words to back them up. Of course, Bonnibel didn't feel up to engage in the class and instead sulk in bed about many things. Her uncle, the loss of parents, her ex girlfriend, and the empty feeling that clawed through her form. But to fearful of another call to her uncle, Bonniebel dressed herself accordingly in the bathroom. Checking her outfit one last time, Bonnibel brushed past the bathrrom door and into the cool of the room. Her eyes grazed past the room in search for Marceline but soon fell short from her absence. With a sigh, the girl made her bed, tucked away her sleep clothes, and straightened out the collar of her shirt before exiting her room on the way to class.

The silence of the room craddled the group of students in a hold. Only the slow in and out take of breaths and the slight tap of a foot against the hard tile. It always seemed like silence was a key thing at this school. Maybe it was better to keep her mouth shut in the first place. If it weren't for the voice tearing through the silence, Bonnibel could've gone on forever with her mind. "Good morning class." The voice rang through the awaiting ears, a woman dressed in teachers attire appearing from behind the door and taking a seat at the head of the long table. All eyes automatically drew to the teacher. Skimming her fingers over the coarse leather cover of the bible, the woman allowed her eye range to glaze over the bodys situated at the table. "Joining us today is a new arrival to Saint Annes." Her eyes looked fixedly at Bonnibel. "May you please introduce yourself?" Instantly, her heart did flips in her chest. But who was she to decline? Another call to her uncle wasn't needed, so instead, she stood. "Hello.. My name is Bonnibel." The pressure of all the eyes of the class heaved down on her shoulders. With a small wave and her lips pulled in a straight line, she sat under the nod of the woman who stood. "There are reasons behind everything." She spoke softly, stalking among the students like predator to prey. "The reason you were born is because of your parents, the reason you breath is because of oxygen, the reason you walk is because you have legs." Exhaled the woman, pushing the thin framed glassses higher on her nose. "This has brought me to believe there is further reasoning behind your choice of desire to the same sex." The room felt still. No one spoke a word. Bonnibel was sure everyone in the room including herself felt targeted at the simple words emerging from her mouth. "Whether its your life at home, or something traumatic going on in your life, we will get to the bottom of this and help you." Pausing, the teacher turned swiftly and pointed her finger to a girl seated near the end of the table. "Emily is a prime example. Emily has been here with us at Saint Annes for a year now. By digging deeper through her life we have uncovered her reasoning." Even under the alarming pressure from the teacher, the girl sat straight in the chair with nice posture and crossed hands with a smile pointing upwards at the corner of her lips. It seemed almost wrong for someone to be so happy at a place like this. "Emily, proceed." Without missing a beat, the girl struck up slowly from her chair and stood presentably infront of the class. "I was brough to Saint Annes when the desire of women had fulfilled me. With the help of Mrs. Tina." She gestured her hand to the stern woman. "I was able to find the reasoning behind my ways and move past it to a better life." Spoke Emily. The speech irked the girl to her soul though it seemed to please the teacher, who worked her way around the table to Bonnibel. "What about you hm?" Her face was close enough to feel and hear the warm air emerging from her nostrils. Bonnibel sat nervously in her chair with her mouth sealed shut. The girl didnt like talking about her past, especially to a room full of strangers. "A quiet one I see?" She paused and moved around her. "Maybe it could be your parents. The loss of a loved one can affect on dearly." Her body glued still to her chair, the lump in her throat sat in place like a adams apple. "Maybe it's your desire to be loved? I hear people can be pretty desperate when it comes down to that." Bonnibel wasn't sure if the woman was purposefully targeting her, but it felt as so. Like she wanted to strip her of any secluded information that broke her down. But no, she wasn't done there. Lowering herself down to ear level, the woman parted her lips and whispered bone chilling words that only she could hear. "Or maybe it's what lyes under all this makeup." The lump slithering down her throat was very present. How did she know? It seemed like the woman had read her mind when leaning down and whispering in her ear. "Your uncle told me to be hard on you and I will do as told." She felt overwhelmed. All the curious eyes peering at her, the new information from her teacher, even the mention of her parents. Quickly pushing back the metal legs of the chair against the tile and standing, Bonnibel blurted. "I have to use the restroom." And exited the room under the eyes of the class knowing she wasn't coming back.

Not even the fumbling of her fingers ( a usual tactic to calm her) could keep her out of her mind. All she could think of was her uncle. Going as far enough as to get teachers in the fued was deep. She couldn't even believe she was related to the man. And the whole trip to the bathroom, her body was consumed with a thrawl of emotion. She didn't know if she wanted to scream and fight or cry, all she knew was she had to get out of there. The bathroom lable hanging over her head grew closer and closer to her vision until she arrived at the door, pushing it open and stepping in. Instantly, her nose caught the sent of a familiar smell. None other than cigarette smoke. Her hazel eyes were quick to capture the culprit, a white and oarnge marblo on the line of her lips. Marceline. Her eyes widened at the sight of the door opening, but soon lowered at the sight of Bonnie. "Shit. I thought I locked the door." She muttered. "No you did, I just broke in." Her joke earned a almost unnoticeable smile from Marceline. And as Marceline inhaled at the smoke producing stick, Bonnibel sank against the wall and buried her head in her arms. She wished to be alone at the moment but with Marceline that wouldn't be a problem. Or maybe not. Bonnibel was slightly startled to feel and hear the presence of Marceline sinking down next to her on the wall. Bringing her head up from her arms, Bonnibel stared. "Aren't you supposed to be at therapy prep?" Marceline shook her head, thin white smoke fogging from her puckered lips. "I always finish early, considering im the only one that attends." Curiosity filled Bonnibel eagerly. "And why is that?" Marceline paused for a few, planning her wording ahead. "Cause, I've been here for almost three years now. They think that putting me in classes with other girls wasn't working cause I was showing no progress." Bonnibel felt the need to peg deeper for more information but in the end, she choose otherwise. "What about you." Her focused eyes moved from the stick between her fingers and to the pink haired girl next to her. Her shoulders sagged. "I just- I couldn't.. I." Bonnibel grunted loudly and turned away. "I was overwhelmed. The teacher was bringing up past stuff and singling me out." Bonnibel noticed her eyes linger for quite longer than needed but brushed it off. "You need one?" Said Marceline, snagging up the box of cigs from her skirt and holding it towards Bonnibel. "You look like you need it more than I do." And for the first time in a while, Bonnibel reached above the carboard container and removed a cigarette. While huffing in clouds of smoke, Marceline pulled a lighter from the pocket of her skirt and lit the cig. Bonnibel could admit, the first hit of the cigarette burned her throat, but after a minute or two it eased up. "If you don't mind me asking, what was she speaking of?" Questioned Marceline. It took her a second or two to come around at the question. "You dont gotta talk about it if you dont want to." No, Bonnibel herself felt obligated to do so. Marceline didn't have to help her when she was at her lowest but she still chose so. Sinking lower against the wall, Bonnibel buckled and prepared her speech. "She was talking about my parents... They passed away when I was young." Marceline allowed the information to settle her mind before speaking. "Im sorry to hear that." The words slipped quietly from her mouth, earning nothing but a nod from Bonnibel. "She brought up the makeup.. I wasn't sure if she knew what actually happened or knew I had makeup." Her words fell short to the smoke flowing from her mouth. "Let me guess, Ms. Tina?" Bonnibel nodded her head slowly. "She's a asshole like every teacher at this school. This place is like a prison." "Haven't caught you trying to escape." Bonnibel said, causing Marceline to sit in silence as if plotting her words but utterly deciding against it. Pretty soon, the only thing that occupied the bathroom was the fogged clots of smoke and the inhale and exhale of breath. Bonnibel was fine with just that. This is the calmest she's felt in ages. Sitting on the bathroom floor with a girl she met and fought days ago, cigarettes in their mouths, and silence around them. She felt safe. "Hey." She turned to face the girl. "Thank you." She smiled at the girl next to her. "No problem." Marceline responded, surprisingly pulling a smile. Marceline had long felt her guard let down but didn't mind. For the first time Marceline felt ok to let her guard sink around Bonnibel without a problem. And under the thick haze of smoke, the girls became consumed under their voices.