11.

(LONG CHAPTER)

Snagging the thick cot from her body, Marceline departed from the warmth of the mattress at the echoing voice running up and down the once quiet halls. "Rise and shine ladies! The old folks home awaits!" She spoke the words she freeted. Today was sunday, the day of the trip. All girls in the school would attend the trip to the old folks home. Nothing to fun, mostly just community service but it pegged Marceline to her core. The girl wanted nothing more than to curl up in her bed and mope but moping couldn't be done today, she had much bigger plans. Along with the trip came opportunity, and a pretty big one at that. Medication. Hundreds of prescription drugs confined in a glass box stored away in a room. It was no surprise Marceline had been selling for sometime time now. Desperate girls in need of release, drugies hidden throughout the school, and even the janitor time to time. Marceline started selling a while back with the help of some rebellious girls. The drugs were confiscated from girls who refused to take their daily meds that others would kill for, and instead handed down to Marceline, who sold them within the school. Going to the old folks home was her chance to restock on the despairing drugs and collect the rest of the money she oh so needed. A few capsuls from the oarnge bottle could last stock for more than a a month or so, just enough time she needed. So she arose to her feet, making sure to keep her eyes from her waken roomate across the room. And into the bathroom she emerged, thus starting off her plan.

With the skirt grazing her thighs as she walked and her jacket moving with friction, Marceline steeped up the sturdy slabs of the bus stairs. One by one the students pilled onto the long yellow buses, almost similar to ants joining together in the mounds of dirt. Plenty were happy to be withdrawing from school, even if it was just a boring trip to oak ridge. Bonnibel was one of those students, happy to be leaving school for the day but sighed at the disconnection of her friend. Marceline had caught the sorrowful eyes of Bonnie but kept moving along the isle all the way to the back of the bus. It was better to keep her distance away from Bonnibel, keep the trouble away from her. Now seated on the lumpy leather, Marceline brushed strands of hair from her face and faced the thick window accompanied next to her. The cool breeze brushed past the oak, rustling the colored leaves and thin branches. The sight was quite enough to pull her attention from her seat sagging downward with new found weight. "Heya there Marcy." Spoke the voice, her lipstick stained lips pulled into a smirk. Marceline could recognise that voice from any where. She quickly turned her head to the speaker. And there she sat, prim and prissy in the seat. Vivi. Daughter of the principal, a mommys girl, another seller at the shared school. Her curled blonde hair cascaded down her relaxed shoulders, her crystal blue eyes sliced through her like slashing tires, and her pale skin was greeted by the light parting in from the metal lined bus window. Marceline hadn't seen the girl for ages, even under all the rivalry they shared. Since last year, Vivi had grew a disliking to Marceline due to thier simalar choice of work. Even though they roughly fought out back of the school, Vivi could never seem to come to terms with Marceline stealing all her business. Noting the silence from Marceline, Vivi puckered her lips and began to speak. "I've lost most of my customers." The silence fluttered all around Marceline. Vivi didn't hesitate to pull Marceline's chin in her grasp and snap her head towards her furious eyes. "What a coincidence, huh?" Anger raising withing her, Marceline tore her grip away from and sent daggers with her eyes. "Such a coincidence is it? You already know the deal Vivian, im not stopping." Vivi smiled at her successful attempt of turning Marceline's mood sour. And with triumph she stood, the leather of the seat releasing her pressed thighs. "Watch your back." She hissed before finding her way up to the front of the bus, where her mother stood over the students shouting commands over the few seatless girls. Who was she to think she had that authority? What made her think she was going to stop? Marceline didn't know but she was sure of one thing, the game was on.