10.

With the wood covered lead in her grip, Bonnibel worked away at the answer sheet below her. Question after question after question, and some of which she didn't know well. Even though the stress of her test accuracy had been bothering her the whole week, Bonnibel was just glad this was the last one. And in her very own desolate desk placed away from each student, Bonnibel tryed her best to finish bubbling in the rest of the answer under the faint tick of the timer perched on the teachers desk. 3 minutes left. For more than 2 hours, Bonnibel had devoted herself to the pre ap calc packet in order to sustain her grade. And she continued to do so, right until the time let off one final tick and belowed into a alarming scream. Just in time for her last question. "Ok ladies!" Mr. Daniel called out over the silence, ripping the girls attentions away from their test. "It is now the given time to seize testing. Remain seated and I will pick up the answer sheets and your test booklet." The instructions were quite simple. Almost slouching against the stiff plastic chair, Bonnibel continued to eye her surroundings in a huff. It was no suprise Marceline refused to show even after all the convincing Bonnie had done. Since Tuesday it became clear that Marceline's mood had clearly shifted. A dark haze had enveloped her in a mood of sadness. For the most part, Marceline had situated herself into bed and spoke words to no one, even with a worried Bonnibel at her side. So the girl choose to leave her alone for a bit. Stalking by her table and collecting her answer sheet and booklet, all the desk in the room were now free of clutter. Now only to await the bell. Bonnibel had spotted Phobe across the classroom and the urge to speak to her was unbearable, but clearly Phobe didn't think the same. Since last week Phobe had refused to speak to the girl herself over her growing friendship with Marceline. What did she expect from her? She had class and shared a room with Marceline, this clearly couldn't be avoided as much as she wanted it to. If Marceline was as bad as she played her out to be, wouldn't she have told her why by now? She didn't know and chose not to linger on it, for the end of the day bell echoed across the walls of the classroom and into the eager ears. Removing herself from the desk and pushing in her chair, Bonnibel stalked towards the exit with her bag slung over her shoulder. And into the crowded halls she merged, with nothing really to do. With Phobe not speaking to her and Marceline in a fit of depression, there wasn't really much to do. Well there was, but that was for Sunday. Now with finals out of the way, the principle annouced a feild trip to relieve the hard working students. Of course it was nothing to fun, just some community service at a old folks home but Bonnibel was just excited to be outside of the school. Her thinking was cut short at the arrival of her room not to far away. Gripping the gleaming knob in her hand and pushing open the door, Bonnibel was instantly greeted by the darkness of the room. All sources of light were currently shut off to her disliking and slumped on her bed she was, Marceline. The scratchy wool blanket covered her body up to her hip, her back faced the staring girl, and her hands tucked away under the pillow. Slowly setting down her bag on her side of the room, Bonnibel approached the girl and positioned herself at the edge of the bed, the mattress sinking under her weight. "Marcy." Spoke Bonnibel, snaking her hand up from her side and onto her shoulder. The girl didn't respond under her presence. Coming in with a more calmer approach, she rubbed soothing patterns on her shoulder blade with her thumb. "Marceline, please. You haven't talked to me this whole week. I just wanna help." Silence, only the creak and shutter of the wooden ceiling fan spinning above. It was comforting to have her touch upon her, softly rubbing up and down her shoulder blade, but it was better this way. She needed to push her out, get her as far away from her as she could. Marceline was nothing but trouble, and sooner or later, Bonnibel would shatter. As a close friend, Marceline knew this was best. At some point, the fragile contact was broken and the extra weight from the mattress was gone. "That's fine." Her words whimpered through the silence. "We'll try again tomorrow." With one final pat on the back, Bonnibel was out the room.

Dinner was nothing fun wothout company. Whether it was Phobe, or Marceline. Just that empty feeling of sitting alone. But there was not time to think about that now, Marceline would come around somtime. Any day now.