43.

(Highly recommend playing the song while reading!)

"Marceline Please!" There we're tears in her eyes, plenty of them, shallow and thin as they receded farther down her pink slathered cheeks. Her sobs echoing the expansion of the space, ricocheting off the walls and capturing her in fear. She desperately tried to reach the girl, one foot after another, but every time she neared Bonnibel grew lesser and lesser until she was gone as everything bordering her grew a weary shade of black. Like the flash of a camera, the images sprawled out before her very own eyes. Blood, the alleyway, Ash, all hurdling towards her like a billowing truck headed down a street with rampage. Only when the screams of her name returned she grew inferior in the labyrinth of black. "Marceline!" The rise and fall of her chest increased at the second. "Marceline!" The voice screamed repeatedly to no remorse. "Marceline, hey Marceline, get up." Her eyes shot open at a instant, a cold sweat suiting her body as she captured the image of a girl hovered before her, streaks of sunlight splitting from behind her back. Marceline sat up, sweaty, tired, and confused, not much different from how she settled the previous night. Cautious eye darting and relentless breath, Marcy settled when she took in her surroundings. She was in the grass feild. "If I would've known you'd fall asleep out here I would've stayed up and brought you inside myself." Marceline rubbed her head. As she thought, she had failed to slumber in the bedroom after her drug intake, instead drifting off in the feild of green stalks. She grumbled a moan from her stiff back as she hunched over, balancing her elbows on her knees and tucking her forehead into her palm. "Sorry, just dozed off last night, that's all," despite her growing head pains, she patted both her pockets and the grass around her, "Was I robbed?" "Not to my knowledge." Marceline breathed a sight of relief. One less thing to worry about. If it hadn't been for her tone, Marceline would've believed all things were settled with them. Their previous encounters last night had completely grazed her mind. It was in there she realized how her intentions must have added on to the pain Bonnibel faced. She was raped, impregnated, mentally corrupted, and she had failed to realize how much her words could've shattered what little hope she had left. She looked up at her apologetically, hands moving from the ground beneath her to hold Bonnibel within hers. She stared blankly at the gesture. "Im sorry," she watched the girl lower her head. "I said some fucked up shit yesterday, I know, but I just want you to know that im sorry. We're all eachother have, and I don't want this situation to affect us." Bonnibel looked at Marcy, whatever emotion held in her eyes sealed behind the hazel embers. "I love you." Marceline croaked, receiving a nimble squeeze to her hand as a response. Bonnibel didn't think twice when holding either sides of her face, stroking the sun kissed skin with her thumb. "Oh Marcy," she stared down at her fondly, Marceline staring up with longing. Softly, slowly, steadily, she leaned down, planting her lips upon her girlfriends. Marcy responded pleasantly holding her face softly as she melted into the loving arms. Their actions felt right in her heart as their lips danced as one. All the infatuation and love she had seeped through the kiss, and as they pulled back, it didn't fade. She rested her hands within hers softly, staring her into her eyes as she nestled into her embrace. It took alot from within herself to ignore the elephant in the room, but once so, she decided on a gentle approach. "Bonnie." "Yeah?" She stroked the skin on her knuckle. "I feel as if we need to talk about somethings before we hit the road again." It seemed Bonnibel had caught the jist of her request, the look in her eyes dampening as she rested on the stiff ground below her. It was quiet for a bit, none of the girls having the right words to sum up their thought, until Marcy found her words, drawing back a slow intake of breath. "The baby.. I need to know what you're gonna do." Bonnibel sat silently. She knew confrontation would come, but not as soon as now. Many hours she had thought, giving into her vault of shared horros, it was only now her decision was warped. "Marceline." She stroked the raven strands fondly, Marceline holding her numbly. "I don't know what will come after we get to Keila's. We have no direction. We're running from the cops, our parents, school, but I don't think I can run away from this. I don't think you'll ever understand me on this decision. No matter how this thing was conceived, voluntarily, or in voluntarily, I feel as if this was supposed to happen." It was silent. Marcy still remained within her grasp, chest rising and falling softly against hers, hands delicately attached to her waist, face hidden from the world in the crook of her neck, mouth silent. 2 minutes was all it took for her mind to capture the vowels slipped from her lovers lips. In that time she grazed the thought of relization, contemplation, everything that would come afterwards, only cowering away from the warmth of Bonnibel to stare her directly into her eye. "You're right." She whispered, eyes locked with pure raw emotion. "I don't understand it, but I promise you I will do everything in my power to make sure you and this child will get to Keila's safely." Bonnibel stared at her, watery eyed with tears threatning to spill, her brain trying to grasp onto what her lover had spoken. "Marceline, what do you mean? What about you?" Marcy held her tears back to the best of her ability, trying her best not to look her beloved in the eye but falling prey to the victiming stare. "There's still somethings that I have to sort out. As of now, im not in the right state of mind to remain by your side, but Keila will be there to help." Bonnie held her tighter, as if her life depened on it, all reality of their situation yet again falling on her shoulders, pushing her down farther than liked. "I need you." And there the onflow of tears returned. Bonnibel nudged deeper into the crook of her neck. Just hearing Bonnibel cry made her heart sink to her feet. "I need you too but we're both at risk when im around. It's me the cops want, not you. If we're both found they'll haul us both back to that town, back to your uncle, and I know you don't want that." Marcy continued to hold Bonnie in her embrace, parting back the exposed part of her hair and kissing her forehead daintly. "Promise me you'll come back.." Marcy breathed out, eyes arranged at the peak of the morning sun and everything cowering below it. "I promise."

Bonnibel had long passed out in her seat, posture crooked to the slightest to rest her head upon Marceline's lap. She stroked her hair tenderly, watching the scenery fly past the rain covered window. Pastures of trees and brittle grass surrounding the small locally owned shops, the bundles of small setups on the side of the road selling fruit and items to take away the bore of the trip, and heaps of bodies gathered around the small lakes passed from time to time. Marceline could proudly say the scenery and the bus ride was the best purchase she made with their last bit of money. The bus would drop them off atleast a mile from the trailer park Keila stayed in and the rest of the way would be their final walking journey. All the rides in the back of dirty trucks, greasy diner food, and shitty motels paid off. All that was left of them was to keep a low profile, and Marcy would be good at that when sepearted from her lover. She hated the thought of leaving her alone, especially after all they went through, but it was for the better. She still had to live with the weight of killing Ash and just that alone held many things against her. She needed personal time to cope and cleanse herself of her sins, she needed to keep the sheriff off their tail, she needed to keep Bonnie safe, and the best way to do that would be to leave for a while. As much as it hurt, she knew how deeply she treasured the girl and how much she would give up for her happiness. They say love makes one crazy, and Marceline understood why.