26.

"Its okay Marcy, your fine." She cooed, holding back raven strands from her face. She gasped a jagged breath of relif only to double over right after, hurling the vile remnants of last nights whiskey in the toilet. Marceline could handle her weight at times but much beer was consumed over her limit the previous night. She regurgitated the last bit of contnet from the pit of her stomach, pulling back a ragged breath of air and slumping into Bonnibel. Her cheek pressed against hers with her chin resting on the shoulder of the brown haired girl, Bonnie's hand stroking the free side of her face. Bonnie pulled back, taking Marceline's face in her hands. "Are you good now?" Marcy nodded, a light smile fiddling the folds of her lips and flashing her teeth. "Usually I can handle my liqour but who was I to back down to a game of chug?" She taunted a tease, Bonnibel removing her hands with tugged cheeks. "I told you, no one beats me at chug." They both laughed in chorus, sprawled on the bathroom floor. When the laughs simmered down and filtered through the now quiet air, Marceline yanked back the sweaty strands that attached to her forehead and stretched her limbs. "You don't wanna stay in the house all day do you?" She broke the silence. Bonnie shook her head. "Good, I wanna take you to the skating rink. It'll give us something to do atleast." Bonnie couldn't refrain from smiling. "What cheesy 80's love story is this?" "A good one hopefully. We'll need something to entertain us until Keila gets into town. Help me up, will you?" Bonnie meet her needs and arched from the ground, steadily pulling up Marceline on shaky legs. That small act brought out a bit of curiousity and worry to Bonnie. "You sure you're good enough to go? If your just trying to entertain me you don't have to." She balanced herself against the wall in a huff, footing on wobily feet. "I'll be cool. Just give me a bit to shower and I'll be good to go." She flashed her perked thumb. Bonnie obeyed and left the bathroom, leaving her alone in Marceline's room.

Showering didn't take to long, each taking less than 10 minutes to wash off and dress accordingly. Yet again they fell into the stereotype of a punk and nerd. Marcy dressed in yet another pair of ripped black jeans and combat boots topped off with a rock band tee shirt while Bonnie dressed in a collared pink shirt tucked into a clean white skirt that hovered above her thighs. There could never be to many times Bonnibel could point out the obvious look and not laugh. Marcy caught on instantly, groaning and grasping her hand within hers. "Lets go." Bonnie didn't protest to her touch, moving down the hall out her room and to the door. They were once again greeted by the stubborn heat of the outside that sizzled their once cool skin. Though Bonnibel was sheilded from the light by the shade of Marceline's shadow, Marcy was left to bare the unbearable and buckle into a sweat. Though the sounds of the outside nature fulfilled the lack of silence, Bonnie couldn't help but engage in conversation. "You went to town alot? Last summer?" Marcy pondered with a hum and answered with a short "no," following her words. "I spent half the summer in the next town over with Keila. I didn't really have friends at the moment so I left. We hung out and played a few bar gigs over there and when I came back I camped at home." She shifted her shoulders. "Not much to do when you don't got friends." "What about Guy and Bongo?" "Oh them." She gave a pause. "They live quite a bit away too so I didn't see them much. Your kinda like my first real friend besides Keila." Bonnibel marveled at her response, not refraining from playing off a hurt scoff, Marceline going red with giddy. "You won't need to worry about that for long though. I won't just be your only friend when you meet all of mine." Marceline had never grown used to such compasion towards her, and she wasn't sure if the overwhelming feeling was glee and thanks, or the anxiety on her shoulders. Etheir way she felt nice. For the rest of the time being, Marceline focused on leading them towards the direction of the skating rink. Up the side walk, through the trail path, and right at the entrance of the sights of town. The rickety diner, the old music shop, even the old toy store where she collected hambo, and pretty soon the skating rink. All brought back such joyus vivid times of her life. Bonnie gaped at the sight of the skating rink entrance, stepping in with Marcy at her side. The interior and cold ac instantly caught her attention, not to mention the music blaring from the distance of the rink. Marcy was quick to gain the information of her shoe size and disperse to the table to rent a pair, leaving Bonnie desolate in the head of the building. She waited patiently as Marceline fetched thier skates, her soon approaching afterwards. "Here, we'll try em' on in the skate rink." She handed over the leather skates, Bonnie fumbling them around in her hand as Marcy lead the way with a smile. Through the double doors they stepped, entering a room of darkness only lit by a lonesome disco ball a few colorful lights with blaring music. Her ears took a second to adjust but once so she took in the nimble words of Marceline. Something along the lines of "put your skates on" which she did. The awkwardly warm leather hugged her feet, the wheels supporting her stance. "I rented a cubby for our shoes." Marceline whisper yelled in her ear, Bonnie holding on to the edges of the seat while trying to scoot towards the cubby. She was never to good at skating. Marcy laughed at her struggle, skating past with agility and placing both their shoes in the assigned number of the towering shoe shelf. From there on they were free to go. Marcy had been yearning to skate since entering the building, and it was far past her time to do so. She took Bonnie's hand in hers, almost dragging her out towards the rink. Of course skating was a fun thing to do but Bonnibel had never utterly mastered the skill. Every event including skating, she watched from the side lines. She was preferably observant to watch rather than absorb the ability to do so. She was quite the opposite of Marcy. She was agile on skates, provoking her from the barriers of the rink as she moved along with most of the crowd that occupied it. She was skilled on the skates, moving with rhythm to the music clamoring the speakers with her eyes plastered on Bonnie from afar. Bonnie could only shuffle the corners, holding on to the rails trying not to slip. "Cool skating skills princess." She joked from her side, earning the finger and a chuckle from Bonnie. "Either way I win, you skate and get tired, and I stay refreshed from the side." She bragged, Marcy drawing out a hand. "Come be tired with me." It was no question that she took Marceline's hand. She maneuvered and mingled her way to a spot in the crowd, Bonnie grasping her wrist with death grip. "Cool your jets Bon." She eased her hands to her shoulders, holding her steady while they skated slowly through the crowd of people. The first few attempts were giggles and tumbles to the floor at the clumsiness, but within the time being, Bonnibel had caught the hang of most of it. No longer did she depend on Marceline for stance, instead gliding down the rink at her side. The disco ball light illuminated and caressed the features on the face of Marceline, damp with sweat (or fun as she liked to call it.) And between the mounds of bodys, under the trance of the music, and the light from the room, they skated the night away.

An hour or two of skating, a few pizza slices, and a bit of arcade games later, they were taking their fill of soft drink. Bonnibel had choosen a cream soda while Marceline turned to water. They were far beyond buzzed with entertainment. A night at a skating rink will really do that to some. But they were a bit past that, now lurking the streets towards the direction of Marceline's home. Bonnie sipped on the fountain drink as they walked, joking back and forth with Marceline. "Now this is the part of the movie where you drop me off on my lawn with a kiss goodbye and an angry glare from my father." "For the last time Bonnibel, this is not a 80's love story." She sipped on the rich soda. "Whatever you say Marcy." She obtained a playful shove to the shoulder, the tall house growing closer and closer in their vision. The night sky had set upon them nearly minutes ago and she still couldn't relieve the surge of adrenaline that bombarded her veins. Marcy let back a bored groan. "Home shit home!" She quoted. "Your home is quite far from shit my dear." Bonnibel responeded, moving through the open door and slumping inside. "The only thing shit in this home would be those bootleg movies you have." "I'll have you know, my bootleg movies are far from shitty Bonnibel." Bonnie laughed. "Says who?" Marcy replied, "Me, a famous movie critique." Bonnie enjoyed the bickering fued, kicking her shoes off upon entering the room. "Well ms. Movie critique, choose a good movie for tonight." And so she did. Both girls scrunched together in the bed, ending their long night with a good movie as Marcy promised. She could get used to this.