8.

Though under the warm streaks of lapping sun pulsing from behind the mounds of clouds, Marceline found it hard to break a sweat with the cool breeze. The whirling winds made up for her lack of sweat but her body still ached from the activities that had been done. "Alright ladies!" His voice belowed over the girls. "Take a quick break." Marceline was ever so grateful to hear his words, hunching over on the prickly grass and resting her hands on her knees. "Wow. Didn't think you were this out of shape." Chuckled the approaching voice of Bonnibel. Her head tilted upwards to face the chuckling offender.  It was no suprise to hear that coming from her, her body not showing any signs of weary. Her pink hair dangled at her shoulders in a neat ponytail, her gym uniform stayed clean of trickling sweat, and her hands balanced cockily on her hip as if taunting Marceline. It seemed like two laps around the track couldn't even put out her flame. "Im getting there. A hand?" Her arm hung upwards awaiting a hand to fill the empty space. With one small tug, Marceline was back on her wobbling legs. "This class is bland." She breathed from under her lips, Bonnibel holding a questioning face at her side. "Not if you make it. I find entertainment counting how many times coach Harvick stares at Jenna's ass." Her eyes automatically  slouched to the coach, his gaze coincidentally skimming up and down the girl in the tight gym shorts huddled at the beverage dispenser. She laughed. "Now im starting to wonder if the size small shorts is really all he had left for her." She joked alongside Bonnibel, who had a grin plastered on her face. With the coach distracted and the rest of students collecting water within themselves, Marceline found it to dash. "Bleachers?" She questioned. Bonnibel took one look at the distracted group of people and shrugged her shoulders with a nod. And off they set, walking across the grass feild center of the track and under the long set of metal seats. Marceline didn't falter to straddle the upside down crate and lean her back against the cool metal of the bleachers , Bonnie clearing out a clean space to sit on the concrete with the sole of her sneaker. "This years going by quick." Marceline spoke out of the blue, retrieving one of the last cigarettes and a lighter from the pocket of her gym shorts. Bonnibel nodded, holding out her hand and a cigarette landing on her palm. "After mid terms there's only 4 months of school left and then its summer." The thought of mid terms going by and summer urging closer to their grasp caused excitement to flare within Marceline. Summer was really the only part of the year she looked up to. It seemed like summer had caught the interest of Bonnibel as well, her mind going into thought before asking. "What's the summer situation here?" She pondered, her eyes watching Marceline press down the starter on the lighter and weak flames igniting the end of the cigarette held in her mouth. "There's two ways your summer could go. Your guardian or parent or whatever can withdraw you from school and you can go home and come back the start of the school year. If they want you to remain here then they send you off to the Saint Annes summer program." Said Marceline, struggling to light Bonnibel's cigarette with the tiny amount of fuel in the lighter. Bonnibel quickly took notice to the struggle and instead, leaned forward and pressed the end of her cig to the lit end of Marceline's. Marceline was thrown off at the little amount of space between them, only the two cigarettes pressed together keeping them apart from eachother. Now satisfied with her lit smoke stick, Bonnibel leaned back to her original spot and took a drag as if nothing happened. "What did you do for your summer?" Her lips spoke. It took a second or two for Marceline to regain her composure, a flushed mess atop of the plastic crate. "He uh,  put me in the camp for the first year but let me go home for the past two." Bonnibel nodded with the newly gained information, allowing smoke to drift from the corridors of her mouth and freely with the air. "Im sure my uncle is gonna try and get me in the camp." Her words were dull, knowing that what she spoke was probably reality. "You don't got to. Just do what I did." She consoled with a reassuring tone, tapping the end of the cig softly and watching the ashes collide with the floor beneath her. Bonnibel pulled a smile and eyed her. "And what would that be?" She rolled her shoulder and shrugged in triumph. "I forged a fake sign up packet and brought it to my dad on the last day of school to sign, so that when he dropped me off back at school I just left." Marceline was going to include the part of her staying at home the whole time without her father knowing but the thought saddened her. Fully aware that her dad was to busy at work to notice his daughter was out all day and sneaking in through her window to sleep at night. But she quickly barricaded her thoughts with the simple "he's an asshole" phrase. "That a good idea and all but where would I go?" The thought arose. She wasn't to sure of Finn and Jake because of all the activites the participate in during summer, and her uncle would have no problem finding out what she was doing. "You can just stay with me." She huffed in a hushed tone. A slight shade of rosy pink hinted her cheeks as she grinned. "Yeah sure, I'll think about it. It seemed like a while that the girls huddled under the bleachers with smoke filling their lungs and laughter escaping their mouths.

Chopping down on the last meal of the day, Marceline watched with amusement as Bonnibel stared at her with lowered brows. "Really Marceline?" She spoke regarding her smacking. Marceline only looked up from the sandwich in her hand and grinned, Bonnibel slowly chewing away at the bland food. Bonnibel didn't let her eyes leave Marcy while she spoke."I wish you would focus on finals as much as you focused on that sandwhich." And there it was again. The whole week Bonnibel had been trying her best to convince Marceline to stick around for finals. Usually, she would sneak out to the back of the school and wait out the test cause what would they do? Call her dad? No, she knew what they could do but that had been avoided. Back to Bonnibel, who sait awaiting her answer, Marceline shurgged. "I don't know about that Bonnie. To much work." Bonnibel gave a defeated sigh and shook her head, returning to small chat with Marceline under the chatter of the many voices of the cafeteria. It was dinner time and less than thirty minutes from lights out, and Bonnibel sat ahead with Marcy. Marceline was suprised that Bonnibel had starting joining her for dinner instead of hanging out with Phobe, but she wasn't complaining. Her company was quite nice. Marceline was finished with her lunch in no time, the meat and cheese covered bread deposited at the pit of her stomach. "Im gonna head to the room, you coming?" Questioned Marceline, Bonnibel shaking her head with her eyes placed on a figure across the lunch hall. "No thanks, I'll catch up later." Nodding, Marceline removed herself from the table with a wave and headed out the cafiteria. Now without comapny, Bonnibel threw away the stale sandwhich in the nearest trash and approached the girl. "Hey." Said Bonnibel, sitting down infront of the student. Phobe took notice to the presence but choose not to face her. "Hey." She spoke blankly. Silence consumed them both and Bonnibel couldn't figure out why. "Your hanging out with her?" Her voice emerged through the silence. It didn't take long for Bonnibel to know what she was talking about, but she nodded her head. "Bonnibel as a friend im just looking out for you. She's bad stuff." Bonnibel was quick to object. "That's what it seems but under all the rumors and glares Marceline's a sweetie." Phobe didn't seem to believe her. "That's only from what you know about her. There's so much she hasn't told you." And with that being said, Phobe threw away her plate and removed herself from the table, leaving Bonnibel at the table with plenty of questions.