27.

Bonnie couldn't even begin to describe the look that mantled Marcy's face, only pure joy and excitement similar to a toddler. The smile that fitted her lips didn't falter in Bonnie's eyes until she could no longer see it, now blocked by the arm secured around her. "Keila!" Marcy marveled, returning the favor and slinging her arm around her old friend. Keila beamed back and rocked Marceline in her hold. "Holy shit kid! Just look at you!" She pulled back their embrace and examined the growth of Marceline, all while Bonnie stood watching next to the other two men who did the same. One was tall and skinny, broad shoulders hidden beneath a stained grahic t-shirt with shaggy brown hair fraying from his scalp and a few wimsy chin hairs. The other was short and a bit chubby with dyed blue hair and a main of black hairs hiding his chin. These are who she presumed to be Guy and Bongo. The tall one ridiculed at their affection and sized up their action. "We might as well pull up some chairs waiting for that to end." He gestured up Marceline and Keila, earning a muffled chuckle from Bonnie. He faced her, moving his sweat soaked hair from his face and smiling. "You must be the famous Bonnibel." She nodded, Guy striking out his palm for a shake. Bonnibel filled the space, watching as the boy aimed to the blue haired fellow. "Im Guy, and this good man over here is Bongo." He ushered his friend from a distance, the blue haired boy pulling a wave. Bonnibel didn't question their peculiar names (even though they amused her quite frankly,) and instead faced the ongoing brawl of Marceline and Keila. Though they were separate from contact, the reuniting still continued verbally. She sighed playfully. "You weren't lying about the chair thing." Guy laughed and strode towards the back of the beat up van in which they arrived in and perched himself upon the back in the middle of the widened side doors. Bongo seated himself near. It was quite late in the afternoon had Marceline's friends arrived in the driveway, blaring music to the max on the beat up speakers the van contained. It had quickly drawn the attention away from the girls suited in the house, who engaged on a movie binge inside. Bonnie was grateful though, she didn't know how much more low budget zombie movies she could handle. Now, she resided to a secluded area in the van that blocked out the rasping glint of sunlight. She couldn't help but giggle aloud as Guy tried to gain access to just calling her Bonnie, but in the end fumbling all his words together in a jumble. "Bonnie's fine, thanks for asking." Guy rubbed the nape of his neck. "Don't worry about him, he gets a little caught up on introductions." Bongo filled in for Guy's lack of words. "Hell, the first time he introduced himself to me he called me fat!" Bongo let out a stamp of laughs while teasing his friend. "I thought I told you not to talk about it!" Guy lunged a shove towards his friend, Bongo howling at his side. The duo bickered back and forth for a bit afterwards, asking for intakes on Bonnibel's opinions about their rights and wrongs. She was beyond entertained. By the time their dispute had simmered down, Marceline and Keila approached the back of the van. "I leave you fool's alone for 5 minutes and here you are, bothering Marcy's little buddy." Bonnie refrained from speaking, Guy doing so for her. "One, her name is Bonnibel, and two Bongo spoke of that which shall not be named." Keila snorted and disregarded their rivalry. Bonnie examined her with fresh eyes now without the guard of Marceline blocking her. Tustled black hair that fell freely over her face, a tight striped shirt hugging her body and tucked into her baggy jeans, and jewlery that ranged from rings to necklaces. "Rock and roll atire" as Marceline liked to call it. If she wouldn't of known the girl shared no biological ties with Marceline, she would've believed them to be under some sort of relation. Keila soon greeted Bonnibel with the contact of hands. "Nice to meet you Bonnibel." Bonnie smiled back, Marceline eyeing the open end of the van. "Enough of that stuff, im ready to rock out." Marceline announced, receiving a chours of approving cheers along the way. Bonnie made sure to stick to the side lines and out the way as the members of the band retrieved and collected their instruments piece by piece. Bonnie could say the group of freinds was far from boring, rather entertaining. Each of them held a compatable personality that fit with the other to create on big lively friend group as it should be. She was just glad Marceline had friends as such. Given the next 10 minutes or so, Bonnie sat in the shade of the garage and watched each member set up their instruments. Keila had recovered her bass from the front of the van, Guy had pulled a keyboard from special leather casing, Bongo lifted the sturdy drums from the back of the band, and Marceline salvaged her axe bass from her room. Bonnie could say one of the most favored moments with Marceline would be when she played the bass. She would strum the strings so softly in tune and bellow the most delicate of songs, heaven to her ears. In those moments she got to see the real Marcy, the Marceline that no one else sees from the outside. She was beautiful. "You guys readys." Marceline's voice tore through her thoughts, Marcy jokingly winking at Guy, who resorted to the finger. Everyone gave their part in answers, Bonnie placing herself at the head of the garage on an empty stool to view their session. The whole band was in gear and ready to play. Marcy looked her straight in the eye, taking her signaling smile to heart before giving the cue. In an instant, the garage (and probably the whole block) was filled with the fast pace tunes. The first strum of guitar ignited the rest of the players, sending Keila plucking the twine strings with anticipation, Guy dancing along the key board with fast hands, Bongo slamming down the wooden sticks on the drums, and Marceline butchering the woven strings of the beat up bass with rythm. As the song progressed the better it sounded to Bonnie. All the instruments collided together with a upbeat sound indescribable to the naked ear. Marcy was far to into the song to notice the ratifying looks of Bonnibel, her loud strums jolting together in chorus with Keila. She was having a blast. Just as quick as they started the song, it ended. But it didn't stop there, more and more songs piling on afterwards and progressed the ringing in Bonnibel's ears. Their sound was truley ear breaking. It didn't seem like anything could stamp their fued until the time piled on and their bodys stilled with ache. "Shit Marcy." Bongo panted from behind the drums. "I haven't rocked out like that in ages." Marcy panted a smile, pulling the strap of the bass from her shoulder and setting it aisde. Not only were they tired from pratice, but the heat pratically made them drop out. "Not to bad Marceline." Keila highfived her friend, swipping the sweat that littered her face. Marceline watched as her friend group began mingling in conversation over the current jam sesh and sout out Bonnie up ahead. "Nice performance rockstar." Bonnie praised Marceline, Marcy resting her dazed vision. "I haven't played that hard in ages." She admitted. "Eager to impress me?" "You wish! Im just eager to go out and eat." The thought of food had grazed her mind completely, most of her attention upon the performance. Bonnie questioned her. "What do you have in mind Abadeer?" She slouched in the stool. "There's a diner up the street around the corner. Serves the best pancakes you'll ever have." Bonnie was skeptical of the paying tactic. "And money wise?" Marceline laughed. "Oh Bonnibel, daddy's loaded. He has a wad of cash stashed around every corner. What do you say?" Bonnie listened to the belowing crys of her gut and agreed.