05

Chapter five
Girls
March 15th 1971
Brian's POV:
I sighed as I tuned my guitar, looking over at John who was messing with his amp. Freddie walked in and sat down in a chair. "So, what do you guys think of Willa and Dawn?" Roger asked. Freddie said "I think they're delightful." "Yes, obviously but I mean look wise. I think Dawn is rather cute. Hot even." John turned around and said "have some respect, Roger. After all, you did try to hook up with her while her dad was next to you." Roger shrugged and said "so? She's hot and I wanted to hook up with her. Why not?" John rolled his eyes and Roger said "how about Willa then?" "Once again, she's my best friend and I won't have any of you trying anything with her." Freddie looked over and said "I'm not." "I didn't say you were. I'm looking at Roger. And maybe Brian." "Me? All I've done is treat her with respect." I said. "Yes you have but who knows if and when we all go out, you get drunk, and say some really stupid stuff. Or violate her in any way." John said. I bit my lip and Freddie said "Deaky, if it's any consolation, Brian treated his last girlfriend really well. Chrissie. They were together for a while and he always treated her like a queen." Roger nodded in response and John turned around and continued to mess with his amp. "So Freddie, what did you think about Mary?" Roger asked. Freddie shifted in his seat and said "she's nice." We all looked at him. "That's it? That's all you think of her?" I said. "She was flirting with you ridiculously." John said. Freddie shrugged and said "she's nice." "She's rather interested in you." Roger said. Freddie made a face and said "I don't really like her. I'm not attracted to her." Roger began to bombard him with questions about why he didn't like Mary. Freddie huffed and said "I just don't like her is it that big of an issue?" Roger put his hands up in defense and said "no. Sorry, Fred." The subject was dropped and Roger drummed a beat that was soft and John started playing his bass. Then Freddie said it. "I'm gay." Roger stopped drumming and John looked over at Freddie. I did the same and said "you are?" "You couldn't tell, darling?" He said. I half smiled and Roger said "that's why you don't like Mary. Cause you're gay?" Freddie nodded and looked at the ground. "That doesn't matter. You can let Mary down easy." John said. "We don't care that you're gay. It doesn't bother us." I said to him. "Really?" Freddie asked. I nodded and Roger said "so you're attracted to guys?" John pinched the bridge of his nose and said "are you aware what being gay means?" Roger nodded and John said "yes. He's attracted to men and only men. Not girls." "I get it." Roger said through gritted teeth. "You obviously don't since you seem to keep asking questions. He literally just said it. Don't try and set him up with Mary because he doesn't like her." John replied. "Alright!" Roger said. John turned his back to Roger and Freddie stood up. "I don't feel like rehearsing anymore." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows and said "what happened?" "This whole conversation. I want to take my mind off of it. Can we just have some tea and forget about it?" Freddie said. I nodded and said "of course." He went to go get his coat and we all did the same. We headed out to have tea and Roger said "I'm tired of it being cold." Freddie rolled his eyes and said "you'd rather it be hot?" Roger nodded and said "yes." I rolled my eyes and said "I hate the heat." John nodded in response and said "I do as well." Freddie began to bring up all the pros and cons of the heat. I tuned them out once she walked in. Willa walked in an hadn't seen us in the corner. This was also a pastry place. She stood at the counter ordering something. Yes, I had told her I wasn't looking for a relationship at the moment and yes I wanted to get to know her. But the problem is, she's so beautiful. She shook out her hair and I watched her curls bounce. "Brian." John said. He snapped me out of my trance and I said "huh?" "We've been trying to get your attention for about a minute now. What are you looking at?" I looked back at the counter to see that Willa was gone. "Nothing. I kinda zoned out." I replied. "Thinking about stars?" Freddie asked. "Yeah." Roger rolled his eyes and said "come back to Earth won't you? I know you love space but we can't have our guitarist in outer space." I brought my up of tea to my lips and said "right. So what were you guys saying?" "I have some songs. And I think we should keep doing gigs around here. But once we get enough money, we'll make an album." Freddie said. I nodded and everyone seemed to agree.

I apologize for this being so short but this book is all planned out and I have a reason. Just a quick heads up that there will be a MAJOR TIME JUMP. It will skip over the year 1972 completely for a reason. Which means, everyone will have known each other for a while. I don't want anyone to be confused so that's why I'm putting this here.
~Skylar🌈☁️🌈☁️