015

Chapter fifteen
The Club
January 31st 1973
Willa's POV:
I got a phone call from someone very unexpected at 5:00 in the afternoon. "Hello?" "Willa. How are you?" I could hear Roger's smirk as he talked. "Hi, Roger." He chuckled and said "say my name again why don't you." "Roger!" Brian yelled over the phone. "I can't even believe we trusted you to call her. You're absolutely ridiculous." Freddie muttered. I covered my mouth while giggling and Freddie said "I thought we could trust Roger to give you some information but apparently he cannot. The boys and I are going to this club and we'd love for you and Dawn to meet us there. And bring Jim too." "I was going to tell her." Roger said. A scoff came from Brian and he said "I highly doubt that. Do you have to flirt with every girl you talk to?" "Yes. They're all things to do aren't they?" I could hear Freddie's annoyed sigh and Brian said "see? This is why girls don't want to be with you." John erupted into laughter in the background and I heard a soft giggle come from Freddie. "You know what, Brian? Why don't I reveal something that you haven't told anyone-" Roger was cut off and a thump was heard. "Oh my god is he ok?" I asked. "He's fine. So Willa, will you meet us? It's that new club that just opened up." "Yeah. I'll pick up Dawn and meet you guys there. And it's that big one right?" I said. "Yeah. The huge one." John replied. "See you guys there." "Freddie what the hell did you-" Roger was cut off as Freddie hung up the phone. I got a short dress with some heels and did my hair. I called Dawn to let her know I'd be on the way. I finished my makeup and headed towards Dawn's picking her and Jim up and then picking up Mary since she had nothing better to do. And I drove to the club which was packed full of people. Dawn looked at me and said "it's cold. Let's hurry and get inside." We did and this club was brand new. "Do you see the boys?" I said. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the two prettiest girls in the entire club." Roger said as walked over. Dawn rolled her eyes and said "I'm here for John, not for you." Roger grabbed both of our wrists and pulled us to the table they boys had gotten. Roger sat down next to Brian who pushed him to the other side of the booth. Freddie sipped his drink and said "I'll get the two of you a drink." Freddie stood up and walked to the bar. John put his arm around Dawn, bopping his head to the music. Freddie came back with our drinks and I took mine. Dawn pulled John in for a kiss and Roger scoffed. Mary sat in between Roger and Freddie while Jim was on the other side of Freddie. I scooted a little bit closer to Brian. Roger sighed and said "can we dance or something? It's kinda boring." John nodded and said "let's go dance, Dawn." The two of them stood up and Roger crossed his arms. "Well that isn't fair." Freddie rolled his eyes and said "there's plenty of girls here who will dance with you. They look like fun." Freddie pointed to a group of drunk girls across the room. Roger made a face and said "I'd prefer someone sober." Brian turned to me and said "would you like to dance?" I nodded, not being able to speak. Him and I got out of the booth, going to the dance floor. "Aw what?" Roger said from the table. I squeezed my way through the people on the dance floor and began dancing in front of Brian. I watched his eyes watch my every move, then I stopped. "Aren't you going to dance?" He nodded and said "yeah. I was just watching you." I furrowed my eyebrows and said "why?" He went to answer and a slow song started. I watched John wrap his arms around Dawn and they began to sway back and forth. Brian grabbed me by my waist and pulled me towards him. I stumbled a little and looked up at him. He leaned down and said "it's ok." I nodded and put my hands on his shoulders, he was a lot taller than me so it was kinda weird. He took my arms and put them around his waist. "That's not how it's supposed to be." I said. He rolled his eyes and said "it's fine, Willa." I leaned on his chest as he swayed us back and forth slowly. He rested his head on top of mine and I smiled against his chest. The two of us didn't talk for the remainder of the song, we were just swaying in the middle of the dance floor. Once the slow song ended Brian pulled away from me, his arms still around my waist. I noticed everyone around us had started dancing again and I said "wanna dance?" Brian grabbed my hand and said "I'm gonna spin you." I nodded and he spun me out and then spun me back into his chest. I giggled and I heard him chuckle. The two of us danced to the song that was currently blasting, dancing all the way through it without stopping. When it finished Brian said "let's go sit down yeah?" He led me back to the table, his fingers interlocked with mine as he held my hand tightly as we weaved through people. We sat down at the table, Freddie and Jim were currently talking with Mary. Brian let go of my hand and I frowned at the loss of contact. I leaned against the back of the booth, Brian sighing as he grabbed his drink. Dawn and John came back to the table a few minutes later.