07

Chapter seven
New Years invite
December 26th 1972
Willa's POV:
I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I looked to see my books scattered across my bed. I had this report due when I went back to school. I also had to go by John's house today. I picked up the phone and said "hello?" "Willa!" Freddie yelled. I moved the phone away from my ear and said "hello, Freddie." "I have a invitation for you." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows and said "an invitation? To what?" "A New Years party. I'm throwing it of course. Could you pass the information onto Dawn and her dad?" Freddie said. "Sure. Anything else?" "Wanna hang out? I'm bored. It's dreadful here with Roger." "It is not! I'm so much fun to be around!" Roger yelled. Freddie groaned and said "Willa, let's go out. And gossip. Please." "I'm on my way." I said to him as I hung up. I put my hair into a ponytail and grabbed my keys, heading to Freddie and Roger's place. Once I got there Freddie got into my car and said "I would've came to your place but I can't drive." "What do you mean?" I asked. "I don't know how." Freddie replied. "Really?" He nodded and said "I don't know how to drive. I don't know how to do a lot of things. So what do you want to do?" I shrugged and said "we could go walk. Where the fountain is." He nodded and said "cool." I began to drive and I said "so why didn't you want to hang out with Roger? Or Brian?" "Brian is with family because of Christmas and Roger and I always hang out with him. I wanted to hang out with you." I furrowed my eyebrows and Freddie said "you're my friend too." As I stopped at a red light I looked at him and said "I am?" He shook his head and said "of course." I parked and the two of us began walking to the fountain. We sat down at the fountain and he said "can I tell you something?" I looked at him and said "yeah?" He looked around and scooted closer to me. He cupped his hand as he leaned to whisper in my ear. "I'm gay." He pulled away and I said "I thought you were but I wasn't sure." He nodded and said "that's why when Mary flirts with me I walk away or try to shut her down." He looked down at his lap and I said "well that's ok. You don't need to be ashamed of it." "Yes I do. There's no one that's accepting about it. Only the guys. And you. Right?" I cupped his cheek and made him look at me. "Freddie, I don't care that you're gay. You've been a wonderful friend to me. I'm so glad Deaky joined you're little band." He smiled and removed my hand from his cheek, holding it in his. "Don't you dare put yourself down because of how you feel." He nodded and I said "this is a pretty public place to tell me that." He sighed and said "I needed to get out of the flat. And I like the fountain. It's nice." I nodded in response and Freddie said "so, is there anyone you're currently crushing on?" I shook my head while laughing. "What? I'll be able to give my opinion now." "No. Not at the moment." I lied. I wasn't about to tell Freddie that I thought Brian was attractive. I didn't have a crush on him yet but I thought he was very very attractive. "What about you?" I said to Freddie. He sighed. "I like Jim. But he's not gay. He has a daughter." "Well." I said as I dragged the L. Freddie's eyes widened and said "you're lying." "I'm not. Why do you think Dawn's mom isn't around? It's cause he's gay." Freddie nodded and said "I didn't think he was." "Cause he had Dawn?" He nodded again and said "I just assumed he was straight. He's very good looking so that's what I assumed." "So because someone is good looking means they're straight?" Freddie shrugged and I shook my head. "I'm cold." He said. I stood up and said "why don't we go back to the car?" "Please don't take me back to my flat." "I'm sure Roger went somewhere. He's probably not even there." Both is us got in the car. Freddie said. "I don't want to go back there. I never get out on my own because I can't drive. Where do you have to go? If I want to go somewhere it has to be wherever Roger is going. And he hasn't been anywhere fun recently," I put my seatbelt on and said "I was going to run by Deaky's really quick." Freddie pulled his seatbelt on and said "let's go." I rolled my eyes at him and began driving to John's flat. His flat was small and he could barely keep up with the rent. Freddie and I walked to the door, knocking. John opened it and said "what's Freddie doing here?" Freddie huffed and said "what is it with people not wanting me around?" "Wait, who said they didn't want you around? I love having you around." John said. "You do?" John nodded and said "I was just wondering what you were doing here." "He didn't want to be with Roger anymore." I said. John nodded and said "that makes sense." "Can I use your bathroom?" Freddie asked. John nodded and showed him where it was, closing the front door. The two of us sat down on the couch and I said "I've been working on this report all day. It's stupid they gave me one that's due after break." John nodded and said "I told you to just quit. You have everything you need." I shook my head and said "photography is not an option. Plus I've never even done it professionally." "You can. When we become famous. We're gonna kick off soon. We've done some shows. We've made some money." "It's not enough, John." He sighed and said "it will be. Don't worry about it." I nodded and he said "are you going to Freddie's party?" "Yeah. Are you?" "Of course. Is Dawn going?" "I still have to tell her. Why?" John fiddled with his jacket sleeve and said "just wondering." I looked around and said "do you have a crush on Dawn?" He looked at me and said "huh? What makes you think that?" I rolled my eyes and said "you really like her don't you?" I kept looking to the hall, making sure Freddie wasn't there. "Yeah. Does it make you mad?" "Why would it make me mad?" I asked. "Cause I'm your best guy friend and she's your best girl friend." I shook my head and said "that doesn't matter. Just don't ever leave me out." John put his arm around me and said "I would never." I smiled and John said "you fancy anyone?" I leaned back on the couch, John's arm falling off my shoulders. I peeked over the couch, looking for Freddie. "Where's Freddie?" "Still in the bathroom. You don't want him to know do you?" "I don't have a crush on this person. I just think they're very attractive. And they happen to be in your band." I said. "It's Roger isn't it?" I shook my head and said "no. Try again." John made a face and said "Brian?" I smirked and he groaned. "I was going to say Freddie but-" "He's gay." The two of us said in unison. "He told you?" I nodded and said "yep. Before we got here." Freddie came out of the bathroom and said "there's no good soap in there. How do you wash your hands?" John laughed and said "that's all I can afford at the moment." Freddie frowned at that and sat down next to John. "Deaky, we're going to do another album. Which will make us a lot more money than the last one. And then we'll do another one. Which will make us more money than that one. We'll do two." John sighed said "good luck pitching that to Brian." "He's going to do it. He's got no money either." Freddie replied. "He doesn't?" I said. "He does but it's very little. And Roger keeps spending mine so we have to do something soon." Freddie said. "When will you be telling the band this?" John asked. "After the party. Which Willa should let Dawn and Jim know about."

Here's the update! Next update will be better than this one!
~Skylar🌈☁️🌈☁️