08

Chapter eight
Freddie's New Year's Eve Party
December 31st 1972
Willa's POV:
Tonight was the night. I had passed the information to Dawn and Jim. I arrived at Freddie and Roger's flat, parking outside of the building. I walked to the flat door, my camera around my neck. The door was open, I stepped inside, seeing lots of people I didn't know. The flat was full of people. Roger had about four girls surrounding him while Freddie was serving drinks. John sat on the couch, and Brian was in the chair across from him, drinking. Music was blasting into the small flat, people dancing around in the small space. Freddie saw me and asked me to take some pictures of him, which I did. He was quite the showman. Dawn and Jim arrived slowly after me, getting John's attention. I winked at him and he rolled his eyes at me. Freddie grabbed me by the arm and pulled me to the kitchen counter. "Freddie, what is it?" I asked him. He gestured to the drinks and said "have one. What would you like?" "A screwdriver." I said. Freddie smirked and said "ooh you like vodka." "Yes it's my favorite." Freddie giggled and made me a drink. I quickly downed it and the party continued to go on. Roger came over where I stood and said "Will you take a picture of me? I've heard you're pretty good with that camera of yours." "And where did you hear that?" I said. Roger pointed to Brian who was currently laughing at this girl who was talking to him. I watched as she made him laugh. I scoffed a little while looking down. Roger said "you ok, Willa?" I nodded quickly and said "I'm fine." My attention went to Roger who grabbed Freddie. "Take a picture with me, Fred." He said as he put his arm around Roger. I took a picture of the two of them and Jim walked over to the counter, getting a beer. Freddie stared at him and said "god, he's hot." Roger made a face and said "go get him." Freddie looked at me and said "should I?" "Want me to give him a heads up?" I asked. He nodded and Roger shook his head as he walked back to a girl named Cheryl. I walked over to Jim and said "there's someone who'd like to talk to you." "And who would that be?" His thick Irish accent entering the room. I motioned to Freddie and Jim chuckled. Freddie strutted over, pushing me out of the way. The two of them began talking and I watched John and Dawn talk to one another, bonding. I snapped a few pictures of Jim and Freddie, unbeknownst to them. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around to see Brian. I looked up at him and he said "what're you doing over here? By yourself?" He was drunk. "I was getting Freddie to talk to Jim. What about you? What happened to the girl you were talking to?" I asked him. That kind of snapped Brian back into reality. "She was boring. Plus she's not a photographer." I rolled my eyes and I watched Brian's eyes trail to my chest and then quickly go to the ground. I smirked to myself and said "why don't you have another drink?" Brian nodded and grabbed one as I turned on my heel, disappearing into the group of people. I took some more pictures of the party, occasionally snapping pictures of Freddie because he asked. Then I took some of Brian. He was drunk but he looked amazing. He laughed as Roger told him something and I took a few pictures of him. Just to have them. It was beginning to get close to midnight. I had a few drinks but for the most part I was pretty sober. Dawn walked over to me and said "enjoying yourself?" I said "yep. You?" "Yeah." "Brian's cute isn't he?" I asked. Dawn shrugged and said "yeah. Don't you think John is cute?" I blushed and nodded. "So what you're telling me is, we're attracted to the band?" I nodded again and said "yeah, I think we are." "One minute till midnight!" Roger yelled. Dawn pushed her way through people to get to John. She was going to make him her New Years kiss. I went to stand next to Freddie who was talking to Jim, who seemed impressed. Everyone began counting down, excited for the new year. Brian grabbed my hand and pulled me to him, our chests touching. I stared up at him and Brian said "wanna watch the fireworks with me?" I nodded and Roger was standing on the table, screaming each number. Freddie had climbed onto his counter, pulling Jim up. Jim watched Freddie as he got everyone to count down. Jim was embarrassed enough as it is to be standing up on the counter. I took a picture of the two of them and it was now five seconds. "5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" Freddie grabbed Jim by his shirt and kissed him. Dawn squealed and clapped her hands. I cheered for Freddie and he pulled away from Jim, smirking. John was giggling considering he was drunk as can be. Dawn stood on her tip toes and kissed him. They were in the middle of the room and Jim didn't notice his daughter since he was still in shock from Freddie kissing him. "Hey, Willa?" Brian said. "Yeah?" He cupped my cheek and my heart began beating super fast. He leaned down towards my face and pressed his lips to mine. The kiss was sweet and our lips moved in sync. Brian pulled away and wrapped his arm around me. I blushed as fireworks went off outside and Roger turned the music back up, as loud as it would go. Everyone in the room danced, not caring about anything. At around 1:50am everyone began to leave and Freddie was shutting everything down. Roger went to his room, a girl named Crystal following him. Freddie and Jim went into the kitchen and Brian sat down in a chair. Dawn and John were on the couch, taking up most of it. I was standing and Dawn said "sit down." "Where?" I asked. Brian grabbed me and set me on his lap. John hiccuped and I adjusted myself so I was comfortable. "Here's to 1973!" Brian said, holding up his drink. John nodded and said "I'll drink to that. Sure." They both downed their drinks and John blinked a few times. "So, are you lot staying the night?" Freddie said. Jim shook his head and said "no. I'll be going home, Freddie." Freddie nodded and said "thank you for coming." Jim smiled at him and said "I wasn't going to miss out. I had a wonderful time." John was humming a song that was currently stuck in his head and Dawn said "hey, I'm leaving." Freddie was walking Jim out and I said "neither of them will remember this." "You staying the night?" Dawn said. I nodded and said "I've had a little bit too much to drive." She kissed John's cheek and said "bye." He smiled really big and said "bye." Dawn walked out and Freddie came back in. "Are you staying?" I nodded and he said "you can sleep with me." Brian peeked around my body and said "why can't she sleep here?" "You're drunk. And girls deserve a bed. Not sleeping in a shitty chair." Freddie replied. Brian nodded and said "noted." Freddie motioned for me to follow him and Brian wrapped his arms around my waist. "Stay here. Don't leave." John was snoring from the couch and I removed Brian's arms from my waist. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said as I kissed Brian's cheek. I followed Freddie and he plopped onto the bed. I laid down, not taking off my dress. "This isn't awkward for you is it?" I said. Freddie shook his head and said "no. It's fine. A girl deserves a bed." I smiled and said "you're so sweet." "I would always make sure you're ok." "Thanks, Freddie."

The end kinda sucks but I hope y'all like this chapter!!
~Skylar🌈☁️🌈☁️